Employment Type: Part Time
Posted on: 2018-01-11
College of New Caledonia Dental Lab Technician Part Time in Prince George, BC
College of New Caledonia
Branch Prince George BC CA
Dental Lab Technician
Prince George, BC
Power Point) and scheduler to book patients as necessary. Monitor and supervise students in the operation and maintenance of the clinical area, with direct…
- Monitor and supervise students in the operation and maintenance of the clinical area, with direct supervision of the student clinic assistant(s).
- Maintain hand pieces.
- Monitor clinic sign out of equipment (cavitrons, etc.)
- Supervise and coordinate dispensary duties.
- Trouble shoot any equipment failure.
- Maintain radiology area: assist in trouble shooting equipment, supervise change of solutions, supervise duplication of films, etc.
- Maintain the Wet Lab and Lab/Seminar (equipment).
- Monitor waste management and document accordingly.
- Update the operations manual (annually).
- Maintain the general upkeep of the clinical area.
- Coordinate with Clinic Coordinator, the clinic, and orientation of the clinical area.
- Spore testing of autoclaves (weekly).
Reception Duties: Done in coordination with Dental Reception Clients Services Coordinator
- Monitor recall system.
- Good computer literacy: Must be able to utilize computer programs (e.g. Power Point) and scheduler to book patients as necessary.
- Keep the computer equipment in good working order, in coordination with the Computer Services department.
- Monitor reception area and ensure neatness and cleanliness.
- Interact with clients and maintain clinic files.
- Maintain a supply of clinic forms.
- Monitor collection of clinic fees, generate bank deposits, and run daily and monthly reports.
- Monitor WHMIS compliance within the lab/work area including keeping an inventory of controlled products, maintaining the MSDS binder, and ensuring containers of controlled products have correct WHMIS labelling.
- Maintain inventory: monitor usage / restock supplies, etc.
- Acquire supplies and equipment as required.
- Be able to liaise with other departments in the College.
- Assist instructors and students with clinical set up and closing of clinic.
- Monitor and assign Radiation Dosimeters.
- Generation of all forms used by Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting programs
- You will be part of a team actively engaged in contributing to and accomplishing the vision, mission, and goals of the College and in supporting the aspirations and needs of our learners and communities.
- You will promote a positive work atmosphere and communicating in a professional manner that demonstrates mutual respect with students and colleagues.
- Other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have initiative, demonstrate organizational abilities and work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of equipment/supplies used in dentistry.
- Graduate of an accredited B.C. dental assisting program, with up to 6 months experience in the dental field, current licence from College of Dental Surgeons of BC ( CDSBC ).
- Must have the ability to interact well with instructors, students and the general public.
- Typing / computer skills.
- CPR (level 1 minimum).
- Must be able to Multi-task.
- Good Telephone etiquette.