OverviewCobalt Group ADMIN ASSISTANT – TEMPORARY 6 MO TERM Contract in Prince George, BC
Branch Prince George BC CA
ADMIN ASSISTANT – TEMPORARY 6 MO TERM
Prince George, BC
EXPERIENCE/ JOB REQUIREMENTS Attention to detail is mandatory for this position Two to three-years’ experience in an administrative or clerical position with a…
ADMIN ASSISTANT – TEMPORARY 6 MO TERM
WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS VIA THIS WEBSITE ONLY. ANY APPLICATIONS OR RESUMES SENT VIA EMAIL OR DROPPED OFF WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
COMPANY ORGANIZATION INFORMATION
- Company Name: Cobalt Group
- Company Website: www.colbalt-group.ca
- About our Company: Headquartered in Prince George, BC and in operation since 1965. Cobalt Group is your One-Stop Industrial Services Provider delivering superior results that exceed expectations in areas of construction, fabrication, installation, piping and mechanical.
- Job Title: ADMIN ASSISTANT TEMPORARY 6 MO TERM (Possibly Longer)
- Salary: TBA
- City: Prince George
- Experience Required: 2-5 years
- Country: Canada
- State/Province: British Columbia
- Zip/Postal Code: V2K 4M5 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES: ACCOUNTING SUPPORT
- JOB SUMMARY The Administrative Assistant reports to the CFO and also has a direct report to the Division Coordinator. They are responsible for the general administration duties that are best suited to a centralized service, and providing administrative support to all departments of The Cobalt Group of Companies.
- Match invoices to payments received
- Process daily time slips to DFA and Payroll Database
- Transfer data from DFAs and costing sheets to invoices and ensure billing is as per contract specifications.
- Prepare, verify and process invoices and coding payment documents Complete credit and collection calls.
- Handle customer inquiries and create customer statements
- Complete bank deposits.
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Issue purchase orders in accordance with company policies and procedures, establish files on server.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Prepare and data entry batches of invoices for bi- weekly payment
- Process credit card transactions and reconcile company credit card accounts
- Verify that financial transactions comply with internal policies and procedures
- Process backup reports after data entry.
- Issue and Maintain work order (“WO”) excel log book with appropriate information for all internal companies.
- Liaise with Superintendents to ensure WO log is current and accurate for invoicing purposes
- Copy Wo templates into job file and modify as required
- Update and Maintain listing of accounts payable/ accounts receivables, customer contact lists, vendor/Client files and file numbers, client packages
- Validate account and job coding for accuracy and correctness prior to posting to the general ledger
- GL postings as needed – per CFO
1st IN LINE BACKUP RECEPTION
- Backup reception coverage and maintenance of phone system.
- Re-direct calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required
- Greet, assist and/or direct clients and general public to appropriate staff member
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing couriers
EXPERIENCE/ JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Attention to detail is mandatory for this position
- Two to three-years’ experience in an administrative or clerical position with a resource based company is preferred
- Efficient, courteous and professional
- Excellent telephone skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems, including Sage 50. With the ability to reconcile accounts, GL postings, AP/AR functions.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, with the ability to spreadsheet and word process at a highly proficient level
- Ability to multi-task and handle call volumes.
- Knowledge of switchboard phone systems
- Strong interpersonal, and communication skills both, oral and written
- Strong organization, time management skills to meet numerous deadlines, and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional and discretionary manner
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment to achieve results
- Ability to remain flexible and energetic in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening skills.
The office may be a busy facility. The Administrative Assistant may have to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of staff and clients. The Administrative Assistant may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
INFORMATION YOU MUST PROVIDE:
- Pre-screening questionnaire (it is important to answer each question in order to be considered for the position)
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Prince George, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-07