OverviewCMHC Manager (Principal), Professional Services and Real Estate Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Manager (Principal), Professional Services and Real Estate
Knowledge of residential real estate market. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation….
Bring your Leadership skills and your Real Estate expertise to this Manager, (Principal) – Professional Services and Real Estate position in Calgary, AB.
As a member of the Professional Services and Real Estate team, you will lead a team of housing professionals in the fields of building technology and appraisal, and will be responsible for the Real Estate activities assigned to the Prairies and Territories Region. The incumbent will possess excellent organizational and communications skills combined with a general knowledge of the various CMHC market and social housing programs including their design, intent and administration.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for a self-motivated, performance driven individual to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES as a Manager, (Principal) in Professional Services and Real Estate will involve:
- Ensuring the delivery of professional appraisal and technical services to the various internal partners in a perspective of constant effectiveness, efficiency and quality, while in line with CMHC’s objectives and the respective needs of the partners
- Ensuring the preparation and effective marketing of properties with 1 to 4 units that are acquired as a result of borrower default within the BC, Prairie and Territories Regions based on the legal remedy applied
- Monitoring the procurement process and the administration of the contract agreements with external service providers and managing the operational budgets for the same
- Closely monitoring the key account management responsibilities assumed by each team member and ensure that the conditions of the service agreements with the various clients are being respected
- Actively supporting staff development through joint development planning, joint developmental opportunities, including training and assignments, and by ensuring employees have reasonable time to take part in development of activities
- Establishing the strategic direction of the service by contributing to the Regional and National planning process in relation to the various issues and specific projects to be developed in support of business objectives
- Establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships and building networks of resource persons and contacts, both internally and externally, in view of influencing, convincing and obtaining the co-operation and commitment of other people or business lines
- Participating on national initiatives or working groups and providing strategic input to determine how best to implement undertakings that are national in scope
- Identifying and implementing innovations to promote the ongoing improvement of CMHC products and services
- Contributing to the development of professional practices and the interpretation of corporate policies as they relate to real estate, appraisal and technical services.
YOUR PROFILE as a Manager (Principal) in Professional Services and Real Estate includes:
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as Business Administration, Economics, Architecture, Engineering or Building Sciences) with a minimum of six (6) years of relevant working or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and operation management including coordination of work, budget administration and monitoring team performance.
- Member of a national or provincially recognized Home Inspection and Property Inspector Association such as CAHPI, NAHI, Building Officials Association and other recognized organizations, would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience providing guidance to others regarding sound construction practices and interpretation of local provincial/municipal building regulations for large multi-residential properties would be considered an asset
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of principles of risk management.
- Awareness of competitive environment
- Knowledge of residential real estate market
- Knowledge of principles of residential property appraisal
- Knowledge of relevant real estate and contract law would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of CMHC mortgage products, policies and guidelines would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of CMHC mortgage insurance products, policies and operations: underwriting, claims processing, real estate, market housing programs, National Housing Act and relevant regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) with a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in the use of corporate computer systems—in particular, spreadsheet and data management applications.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (tact and diplomacy).
- Excellent organization and time management skills enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization or requests to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Client focus
- Valuing and Respecting Individuals
- Learning and Growth
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Presenting and Influencing)
- Political and Cultural Sensitivity
- Ability to manage flexible work hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle, as this position requires some travel, including site visits.
Because what I do matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is the heart of a world leading housing system that is making a difference for Canadians every day by helping them meet their housing needs. As Canada’s authority on housing, CMHC works with a variety of stakeholders to help ensure that the Canadian housing system remains one of the best in the world. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
As a CMHC employee, you will have access to a wide variety of opportunities in our business lines – housing finance, assisted housing, policy and research – and in the support services that are integral partners in the delivery of our business. If you want to work alongside other committed professionals who thrive on the challenging work they do every day, to make a real difference, and to be able to say with conviction “what I do matters”, make CMHC your career choice.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. Please note however, that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the language requirements of the position. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test.
Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
The deadline for submitting your application is 11:59 pm ET on August 16th, 2015 .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31