OverviewCMHC Corporate Web Content Developer Full Time in Ottawa, ON
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Corporate Web Content Developer
Bachelor’s degree in the area of Arts, Communications, Business and/or College diploma in Web Technologies with a minimum 4 years experience or an equivalent…
Bring your client service skills and your web expertise to this dynamic team in Ottawa.
As a member of the Web Services team, you will lead the development and implementation of Web content that supports key corporate priorities to better position CMHC in the market. You will provide strategic advice to senior management and business lines on best practices with respect to web content development, content marketing; and, developing and implementing new web based tools, i.e. online applications, utilization of social media and Web 3.0.
This full-time permanent position is an exceptional opportunity for an excellent project manager with strong technical skills who can translate client needs into online solutions to achieve your professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. Our diverse opportunities and locations across the country enable you to advance and grow your skills, knowledge and career to match your evolving interests and experience.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES as a Corporate Web Content Developer will involve:
- Managing all aspects of large Web content projects, including content development and creation of Web based tools.
- Ensuring that the CMHC Web site is consistent with the corporate brand and messaging platform and all sub-branding and messaging is implemented on the Web.
- Ensuring that all content posted adheres to CMHC Web publishing guidelines and that legal and copyright guidelines are being followed.
- Ensuring that all content (HTML, PDF, video, etc.) which is created and published to the CMHC Web site meets established Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Managing client relationships and acting as the primary contact for business unit staff on matters related to the development of the Web content (writing style, functionality, etc) for the corporate Web site.
- Developing and implementing Web strategies for future development of content and tools/features for the Web site.
- Managing the implementation of on-line tools including gathering business requirements and translating requirements into technical specifications for the Information and Technologies division.
- Identifying new opportunities to implement social media strategies.
- Researching and communicating tools/technologies, emerging trends and best practices and providing recommendations to Management to feed into Web strategies and future development of the Web site.
- Collaborating with other teams to successfully implement web based national marketing strategies and plans,
- Resolving HTML or content management solution errors.
YOUR PROFILE as a Corporate Web Content Developer includes:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of Arts, Communications, Business and/or College diploma in Web Technologies with a minimum 4 years experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Demonstrated project management experience in managing large, multi-lingual sites.
- Demonstrated experience using Web site content management products, either Commonspot or Drupal.
- Demonstrated experience with Web site development tools and languages, including: HTML 5, CSS 3.0 (including proficiency in coding for certain browsers), Adobe Design & Web Creative Suite
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting industry standard Web analytics metrics and practically applying findings to increase the overall usability of a Web site.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining information architecture and content groups that serve content to effectively respond effectively to Web site users as well as meet business objectives and priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in editing and reformatting existing content for digital use (Web, mobile apps, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in using search engine optimization best practices to ensure digital content is written for effective indexing in major internet search engines.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and executing Web Content Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2.0+) and the practical application of these standards to overall Web content publishing and Web site management.
- Demonstrated experience in developing Web tools enabling clients to interact with CMHC through Web based applications.
- Demonstrated professional experience in managing client relationships, providing guidance and professional advice on Web and mobile content as well as translating their business objectives into tangible digital content and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and optimizing Web graphics and Web interfaces is an asset.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to respond quickly to requests, take decisive action and identify potential problem areas.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently use resources to respond to changing needs within projects and timelines.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2.0+) and their applicability to different types of Web content formats.
- Intermediate knowledge of responsive web design and associated industry standard coding toolkits.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of HTML 5, CSS 3.0.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of best practices in developing information architectures, navigational menus and content groups.
- Intermediate knowledge of industry standard metrics for Web analytics.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Motivated to learn and remain current with digital industry emerging trends and best practices as well as related public sector policy changes.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools and email applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Client Focus
- Valuing and Respecting Individuals
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Presenting and Influencing)
- Developing Others
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Bilingualism, with the ability to read, understand and speak in your second official language at an advanced level and to write in your second official language at an intermediate level.
Because what I do matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) , a forward-thinking organization offering a range of career possibilities, is a trusted source of objective housing research and advice for governments, consumers and the housing industry across the country. Our mission as Canada’s Housing Authority is to help Canadians meet their housing needs. With this goal in mind, we are involved in many key aspects of housing – from contributing to the stability of the housing market and financial system to providing support to Canadians in housing need.
Both a major financial institution and a federal Crown corporation, we offer the best of both worlds in a stimulating work environment where people are encouraged to help build a better tomorrow. If you want to work alongside other respected professionals to make a real difference, and to be able to say with conviction “what I do matters”, make CMHC your career choice.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest.
Candidates must meet the language requirements of the position. Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test.
Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an underfill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
The deadline for submitting your application is 11:59 pm ET on January 30, 2015.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24