OverviewCMBC Confidential Assistant Finance – FTT (aprox 12 mths) in Lower Mainland, BC
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
CMBC Confidential Assistant Finance – FTT (aprox 12 mths)
Lower Mainland, BC
skills to input and format data within databases – Basic knowledge of accounting principles to assist in expense monitoring, budgeting and reporting. – Strong…
Provides confidential clerical and administrative support to the Finance division at CMBC.
- Provides confidential clerical and administrative support to the department by producing a variety of highly confidential correspondence, memos, presentation materials, spreadsheets and reports from researched data, drafts or verbal instructions; composes and prepares routine and mass mail correspondence; reviews documents for grammar, spelling, coding and simple mathematical accuracy; opens, reviews and distributes incoming mail.
- Screens incoming calls for the department, attending to routine enquiries from within the organization as well from outside agencies or representatives (in certain positions this may also include enquiries, complaints or commendations from customers), referring to others for response where appropriate; tracks and expedites information flowing in and out of the office; takes messages; provides information about departmental policy and procedures; follows up with managers and staff to ensure the complete and timely provision of information including responses to any customers/public enquiries or complaints.
- Maintains filing and recording systems to ensure the efficient and secure storage and retrieval of correspondence, reports, reference material and other documents; compiles, updates and maintains procedural manuals. Maintains and updates spreadsheets and databases for tracking of department specific information, generating reports from those sources as requested.
- Arranges appointments and meetings; coordinates calendar for department Director, including certain Managers at Director’s discretion; coordinates events, functions and travel arrangements; maintains business contact lists; retrieves, compiles and distributes reference material for meetings and takes and transcribes minutes.
- Maintains employee information including employee timekeeping records, changes of status, personnel contact lists and other related reports as requested.
- Assists with preparation of departmental budgets. Monitors expenditures, processes departmental invoices and expense claims/receipts, and reports on variances for area.
- Maintains and orders office supplies and arranges for the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
- Provides administrative support to other projects, programs and related departments as required.
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired through successful completion of Grade 12 and post-secondary courses in office administration and procedures.
2 years prior administrative experience in a client service-oriented environment, requiring a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills to input and format data within databases
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles to assist in expense monitoring, budgeting and reporting.
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate multiple tasks and projects
- Solid knowledge of Translink’s corporate structure, policies and programs.
- Proficiency on all office software, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software and web-based HRIS systems
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week.
How to Apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button at the bottom of the page or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Posting Date: September 12, 2014
Closing Date: September 22, 2014
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ’s by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Lower Mainland, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13