OverviewClerk III in Olds, AB
Alberta Health Services
Branch Olds AB CA
Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive manner. – Basic knowledge of accounting desired. – Requires data entry skills in a Windows environment with a…
Under the supervision of the Health Information Management Site Lead, the incumbent provides front-line reception, registration and switchboard services. The incumbent retrieves, sorts, and files documents and registers all inpatients and outpatients. The incumbent will greet all patients and visitors and responds to requests. The incumbent is required to respond and coordinate site communication including taking appropriate action in emergency situations (overhead paging). Responsibilities will also include financial functions for receipts, deposits and petty cash. The incumbent must be able to exercise good judgment and initiative in completing tasks and be able to work with a high degree of independence, confidentiality, accuracy and accountability.
– High School Diploma required.
– Previous computer experience and experience with an Admission/Discharge/Transfer program desired, preferably Meditech.
– Health care experience with medical terminology desired.
– Must possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
– Previous switchboard experience desired.
– Ability to work under very little supervision as well as work effectively in a team environment.
– Able to maintain poise under pressure, be able to prioritize and organize work in a fast paced environment.
– Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive manner.
– Basic knowledge of accounting desired.
– Requires data entry skills in a Windows environment with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm (corrected for errors). A typing test will be administered.
– Must be able to provide clerk services in Health Records.
– Must be willing to be called in to work at short notice.
– Must be physically able to perform duties involving sitting, standing, bending, walking and stretching for extended periods of time.
– Must be able to read, write, speak, and communicate effectively using the English language.
– An excellent attendance record, reliability and personal suitability must be demonstrated through your employment references.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Olds, AB, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13