OverviewClaimsPro Part Time Administrative Assistant Part Time in Richmond, BC
Branch Richmond BC CA
Part Time Administrative Assistant
Education with some post secondary education in a related field, including insurance & risk management, administration, or business;…
Loss Adjusting is a fast-paced, complex field of insurance with no 2 files quite the same. Whether it be a home fire, a fender-bender, or an injury caused by a major accident, the ClaimsPro team determines coverage, legal liability, and settles claims with excellent customer service.
The ClaimsPro office in Richmond is seeking a part time Administrative Asisstant to join the local team.
*24 – 40 hrs/week – benefits included as part of compensation package
Here are great reasons to work for ClaimsPro:
- you will be part of a team of over 300 Claims Assistants & 700 independent adjusters from 9 other provinces, 2 territories;
- your career can grow into becoming a senior claims assistant, a licensed adjuster, other admin roles – the sky is the limit;
- you will work on the industry-leading iAdjust software, designed by an adjuster for adjusters and kept modern with our in-house team of programmers and developers;
- you will be supported by other experienced local claims support, centralized after hours support, and dictation services;
- you are compensated not only with a competitive salary but also with a flex-benefit plan (from day 1 of employment) that allows you to customize the coverage that is right for you with the options for taxable and non-taxable health care spending;
- you are working in parallel with other SCM Insurance services – RMS Risk Management, XPERA Risk Mitigation & Security, ESM Emergency Security Management, SCM Health Solutions, IPG International Programs Group, PARIO Engineering and Environmental Sciences, and OPTA Information Intelligence.
- your continuous education will be considered and likely funded, especially CIP course work.
- your workload is balanced to ensure you can maintain a high quality level;
- and our local office in Richmond will welcome you, provide you with a nice office, friendly coworkers and a place to grow your career.
ClaimsPro, a SCM company, has been managing claims on behalf of Canada’s largest insurers and self-insured corporations since 1986. We have broad coverage with over 90 branches coast to coast, and over 1000 employees. SCM is the largest independent, privately-owned provider of claims management, risk management, and related services in Canada. It is our commitment to strategically evolve our services and expertise to support the ever-changing challenges of our clients. Innovative technology, expert staff, and solid customer service are the hallmarks that distinguish SCM Insurance Services. Visit www.scm.ca or www.claimspro.ca to learn more
Competencies required to succeed
Simply you need to be enthusiastic, have a great attitude, show wise initiative, and be a valuable part of the Richmond ClaimsPro team.
The Claims Assistants support our adjusters through the claims cycle and help ensure the branch office runs smoothly.
Specific claims-related duties include:
- handling incoming claims
- setting up claims in the database
- communicating with adjusters, branch managers, and central services
- making first contact with the insurer and the insured with a claim number and the assigned adjuster
- creating basic reports including schedule of losses
- requesting documents to support the claim such as police reports, lien searches
- typing dictated statements or editing statements that have been produced by centralized dictation services
- collating files with all the documents required for investigating and settling the claim
- entering invoices into the database
- preparing files for closure and final billing
- other duties as required
General office duties include:
- handling incoming calls and clients visiting the branch
- sending mail and packages by courier
- ordering supplies
- other duties as require
Education, knowledge and experience required
While minimum education, knowledge, and experience are critical to being able to handle significant administration tasks, we are looking for someone with a demonstrated and proven track record of performance . You will have to be very strong technically, a solid planner and organizer, and understand key issues plus provide solid solutions. You will have to be motivated to do this type of work and be excited by the challenges that a rapidly growing organization faces.
But ultimately, successful applications to this job will address their
- education with some post secondary education in a related field, including insurance & risk management, administration, or business;
- experience showing some track record of producing complex, detailed reports;
- skills with strong use of Microsoft office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23