OverviewCIUSSS du Centre-Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal Nursing Assistant / Licensed Practical Nurse – Jewish Eldercare Centre Part Time in Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, QC
CIUSSS du Centre-Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Branch Notre-Dame-de-Grâce QC CA
Nursing Assistant / Licensed Practical Nurse – Jewish Eldercare Centre
Performs care activities in a complementary partnership with the patient’s assigned Nurse. The Licensed Practical Nurse is also responsible for documenting, via…
A complementary and collaborative partnership between the Nurse and the Licensed Practical Nurse results in a high level of care for patients and families. As the Nurse is responsible for the development of the therapeutic care plan and the delivery of care informed by the McGill Model of Nursing, patients are assigned directly to the Nurse. In partnership, the Nurse will delegate specific aspects of care to the Licensed Practical Nurse, who will maintain frequent and timely communication with the Nurse regarding observations, interventions and outcomes, both expected and unexpected. Prompt communication regarding patient safety concerns, incidents and accidents is essential. The Licensed Practical Nurse is also responsible for documenting, via progress notes and any other documentation tools required as per hospital policy (e.g., vital signs sheet, intake & output sheet, wound care flow sheet) all aspects of care s/he is involved in providing.
Under the leadership of the head nurse and the patient’s assigned nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse is accountable for his/her safety and quality in practice of all acts within the Licensed Practical Nurse scope of practice.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Performs care activities in a complementary partnership with the patient’s assigned Nurse.
• Assures and maintains patient safety, privacy and confidentiality.
• In collaboration with the Nurse, provides care according to the therapeutic nursing plan.
• Communicates appropriate patient/family data to Nurse in a timely manner. Documents observations, activities and interventions in the patient chart.
• Assists the patient in activities of daily living including:
-maintaining hygiene and grooming;
-assisting patients to undress and dress;
-assisting with toileting and recording output on intake & output sheet
-positioning and mobilization activities;
-providing necessary comfort measures;
-assisting patients in feeding, monitoring intake, and recording fluid intake on intake & output sheet
• Participates in safe handoffs at all points of patient transition, participates in shift report and in specific reports as required.
• Assists in all activities that ensure smooth and safe functioning of the patient care unit.
• Member in good standing of the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers auxiliaires du Québec
• Bilingual: French/English
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
• Functions well as a member of the interdisciplinary team
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach your resume to assert your entire career path.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Montréal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-29