OverviewCIUSSS de l’Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal Planning, Programming and Research Officer – Clinical Trial Support – Full-time day position Full Time in Verdun, QC
CIUSSS de l’Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
Branch Verdun QC CA
Planning, Programming and Research Officer – Clinical Trial Support – Full-time day position
Knowledge of academia and research center structures within the health and social services. Clinics and oversees project opportunities that can benefit CIUSSS…
Under the authority of the Assistant Director, Academic Affairs, Education and research, the incumbent provides professional assistance to the achievement of the various mandates related to research
support, including the coordination of follow-ups between organization, researchers and promoters forthe planning, implementation and monitoring of clinical trials for the entire CIUSSS.
It works to effectively structure the review, negotiation and follow-up processes of contracts. It
supports various researchers, research teams and managers involved in the revision and negotiation of contracts. He maintains, with the team of research support in place, the clinical trials registry and
facilitates interfaces with organizations wishing to establish clinical research collaborations with
CIUSSS and its research centers.
With the collaboration of other directorates sharing these mandates, the incumbent proposes
processes to establish templates, to revise standard clauses of contracts and to cost planning and
recoveries. It reviews budgets and facilitates the convenience review in link with the teams to
contribute to the project through the mobilization of resources (human, financial, technical or
It explores opportunities for collaboration with organizations and companies promoting testing
clinics and oversees project opportunities that can benefit CIUSSS users / patients. He acts as liaison person between the University Affairs Branch, teaching and research and the relevant teams and
researchers to facilitate collaborations with these organizations and companies.
The incumbent is responsible for promoting the principles of responsible conduct in research and
scientific integrity in relation to the CIUSSS ethical framework and the policies, procedures and
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in effect. He participates in the drafting or revision of
policies, procedures and forms relating to the supervision of research at CIUSSS. he collaborates in
the continuous improvement process by participating in the development, planning, organization
and control of the processes underlying clinical research activities as well as evaluation of the impactof these activities.
It produces balance sheets of its mandates and makes periodic status reports of projects authorized or in process based on the project register. He actively participates in identify and monitor
performance indicators and recommend adjustments or improvements if necessary. The incumbent contributes, through his analyzes and recommendations, to the management of research
development, problem solving and improvement ongoing activities and support processes for
CIUSSS clinical research.
- Bachelor’s degree in human sciences or social sciences, health sciences, sciences legal or
- Graduate degree in a discipline appropriate to the duties, an asset;
- Two-year experience in coordinating and supporting clinical trials;
- Knowledge of clinical, research and teaching missions within the network of the health and social
- Knowledge of academia and research center structures within the health and social services
- Excellent knowledge of FDA regulations and good clinical practice (PCB / GCP, BLP / GLP);
- Experience working with contracts and agreements, an asset;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software (intermediate-advanced Excel);
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in French and English;
- The holder of this post will be called to visit the different facilities of CIUSSS ODIM according to
the projects and the stages of their development.
- Ability to work in teams and with multiple partners;
- Strong capacity for analysis and synthesis;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and ability to handle a load of
work with multiple priorities;
- Demonstrates a high sense of organization, meticulousness and analytical sense;
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills;
- Has a great discretion in handling confidential data;
- Has basic knowledge of intellectual property law;
- Good judgment and professionalism.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Verdun, QC, CA
Posted on: 2018-05-23