OverviewCityStudio Vancouver Communications and Engagement Coordinator Contract in Lower Mainland, BC
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Communications and Engagement Coordinator
Lower Mainland, BC
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, January 30, 2017 at NOON CityStudio is seeking a highly organized, energetic, friendly and self-directed Communications &…
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, January 30, 2017 at NOON
CityStudio is seeking a highly organized, energetic, friendly and self-directed Communications & Engagement Coordinator who shares our vision of collaborative city building, and is driven to work with our team and students to tell the story of our practices of collaboration, engagement and innovation through communications, media and events. This person will have a proven record of writing, relationship building, media & social media strategy and activation.
POSITION: Full time, 1 year contract position, with standard 3 month probationary period.
LOCATION: CityStudio Vancouver @ 1800 Spyglass Place.
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with experience.
START DATE: Immediately.
CityStudio is an experimentation and innovation hub for the City of Vancouver where City staff, experts and students from 7 universities and colleges co-create projects that support city programs. Since 2011, CityStudio has engaged over 3500 students, 113 faculty and 60 City of Vancouver staff, contributing 225 projects and over 125,000 hours of skills training and public sector innovation towards Vancouver’s Greenest City, Engaged City and Healthy City Strategies. These projects offer unconventional solutions to improve our city. In 2013, CityStudio was the first Canadian recipient of the Ashoka U-Cordes Innovation Award. The City of Vancouver received the 2013 CAMA Willis Award for Innovation for the CityStudio Program from the Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators. In 2013, CityStudio was recognized nationally as one of Tides Canada Top 10 for a groundbreaking initiative leading social change and innovation in Canada. For more information about CityStudio Vancouver, visit our website.
- Work with Directors and CityStudio team to build communications strategy to align branding, messaging and organizational story with partners and the public.
- Work directly with Communication Liaison at City of Vancouver and with partner schools to develop and implement strategy.
- Develop new and existing relationships with key partners involved in CityStudio (i.e. government, universities, colleges, foundations, sponsors, donors).
- Coordinate and execute regular updates to website.
- Organize and animate social media channels on all platforms.
- Support production of annual report.
- Create and manage contact database (CRM).
- Build, write and publish newsletters, blog, news releases, stories and more.
- Produce content for, organize and share photos & videos.
- Liaise with all current partners (staff, faculty, students and community groups), CityStudio alumni, sponsors and media.
- Identify and close information and storytelling gaps about CityStudio with the above groups.
- Understand the vision, goals and programs of CityStudio and communicate it with partners and the public (a key aspect of this role).
- Monitor, track and ensure correct CityStudio coverage by other media.
Community Hub and CityStudio Events
- Organize and execute special CityStudio events (i.e. Doors Open Vancouver).
- Assist with semi-annual Hubbub at City Hall.
- Assist with alumni career nights and faculty hosted events.
- Extend gratitude and acknowledgement for partners and sponsors.
- Create speaking notes and briefs for directors, staff and partners.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 2 years in a similar position with proven results.
- Self-set high standards in time management, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to confidently make recommendations and to take direction.
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently.
- Responsible, reliable and able to work in a dynamic and creative team environment.
- Energetic, confident and kind.
- Ability to identify and create opportunities and to build relationships for collaboration and tangible outcomes.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proven warm and open relationship builder.
- Seeker and supporter of new ideas.
- Equal parts confident, curious and collaborative.
- Self-awareness is a practice.
- Lastly, and most importantly, we are in our 5th year of this start-up project. We look very forward to working with people who are adaptable, energetic and are willing and able to jump in to get things done as needed.
SUPERVISION & COMMUNICATIONS:
- The Communications and Engagement Coordinator will report to the Co-Directors.
- Communication and requests from the CityStudio Co-Directors will be given priority and responded to immediately.
- The Communications and Engagement Coordinator is expected to participate fully in team meetings & events and to follow all CityStudio staff protocols.
- The Coordinator is expected to communicate openly and frequently with CityStudio staff to fulfill his / her duties.
This full-time contract position is approximately 40 hours per week. Please include your full name along with the job title “Communications and Engagement Coordinator” in the subject heading of your email and submit your cover letter with availability and salary expectations along with a CV to [email protected] Please supply the following with your application 1) a sample social media post (your choice of platform) for CityStudio, and 2) a sample 250 word blog post for CityStudio that demonstrates your understanding of the mission of CityStudio, including the important role our partners play and your understanding of the emerging potential of the media platforms. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Interviews may be conducted during the recruitment period. No phone calls please.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23