OverviewCity of Winnipeg Firefighter Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
City of Winnipeg
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process….
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service
Full-Time Temporary / Eligibility List
Posting No. 116271
The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Closing Date: 27-April-2018
The Firefighter is a diversely skilled and a key component of an integrated fire and emergency medical response system.
As the Firefighter you will be responsible for:
- Responding to emergent and non-emergent calls for service and providing firefighting response, rescue services and emergency medical care.
- Participating in public education, injury prevention, and community relations activities.
- Carrying out vehicle, equipment and station maintenance duties.
- Dependent on level of training and skill, incumbents may participate in specialty programs such as: Hazardous Materials, Technical Rescue, Vehicle Rescue, Water Rescue, etc.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
How to Apply
Please visit the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service website at http://www.winnipeg.ca/fps/careers for:
- Salary and benefit details.
- Complete list of qualifications and application requirements.
- Full application procedure, documents required when applying, and frequently asked questions.
*Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply, including all documentation listed on the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service website, to: Human Resources, Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service, 2 nd Floor, 185 King Street, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 1J1, by 4:30 P.M., Friday, April 27, 2018.
*Applications will be accepted through mail to the address above and must include all required documentation*
- Online, faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted for these recruitments.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered for this recruitment.
- Any applicant not being advanced at any point in the process will be advised in writing.
- The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have acquired a Canadian Medical Association (CMA) Accredited Primary Care Paramedic Program (PCP) Certificate and Province of Manitoba Technician-Paramedic Licence. Firefighter Paramedics and Primary Care Paramedics will be given hiring priority.
The salary range for this position starts at $55,370 annually with progression to $92,283 annually after 5 years.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05