OverviewCity of Winnipeg Clerk B – Meters Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
City of Winnipeg
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Clerk B – Meters
The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process….
The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Clerk B – Meters
Water and Waste Department
Posting No: 116294
Closing Date: April 16, 2018
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Meter Reading and Inspections, the meter reading clerk inputs data into the Water Billing System from a variety of sources. Customer accounts are billed from meter readings obtained from meter readers, inspectors, and customers. Information obtained by meter readers and inspectors is entered into the billing system by reviewing reports generated by the meter reading management system. The meter reading clerk maintains an inventory of keys to commercial properties and communicates with customers as necessary to obtain and return keys. The meter reading clerk ensures issues of tampering and water leaks are escalated as required. Provides coverage and acts as the Clerk C for the metering area for vacation and sick leave coverage.
As the Clerk B – Meters you will:
- Update the Customer Care and Billing (CCB) system with information supplied on meter reading reports.
- Review escalated meter consumption issues to ensure company reading is to be approved for billing, including request for accounts to be rebilled or to be estimated for un-metered water consumption as required.
- Schedule Field Activities to verify reports of high/low consumption and to investigate By-law violations or concerns returned by water meter readers.
- Escalate instances of non-working/damaged meters or theft of service (tampers) to designated roles or areas for further review.
- Complete Field Activities in CCB that are returned by using established process.
- Update and review various other generated reports and spreadsheets related to meter reading and inspections.
- Contact customers by phone or mail to respond to customer enquiries, to schedule meter exchanges or other related meter information.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the classification, as assigned.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Completed High School Grade 12 / G.E.D., equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the CCB system with an emphasis on meter reading/consumption and billing details.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a computer in a Windows environment with proficiencies using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook at a basic level.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing office technology, software and hardware, as may be required for the position.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to gather pertinent information, problem solve and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an organized manner, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to perform mathematical operations (addition/subtraction/multiplication/division).
- Demonstrated ability to answer internal and external (customer) enquiries, at times under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Department policies and procedures related to the Customer Accounts Branch.
- Knowledge of Water and Sewer By-laws would be an asset.
- Experience or knowledge in the use of other department systems such as WAM (Synergen) and iView would be an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
How to Apply
APPLY ONLINE , including all documentation listed below:
*Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*
If you do NOT have access to a computer/email, please apply, including all documentation listed above, to: Staffing Branch, HR Services, Main Floor – 510 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB by 4:30 P.M., April 16, 2018.
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/ . For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ’s or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
Applicants will be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of this position.
The salary range for this position is $1,577.46 – $1,846.98 bi-weekly.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04