City of Toronto Wireless Infrastructure Specialist Temporary in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Wireless Infrastructure Specialist
Ensure proactive action is taken in the operation, installation and support of the City’s telecommunications systems, solutions and services;…
Reporting to the Supervisor, Wireless, you will provide Tier 2 technical support and administration of mobile devices and wireless telecommunications for all City divisions.
As the Wireless Infrastructure Specialist, you will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Perform corporate wide user administration, i.e. planning, implementation, monitoring and control for existing and new features, services and telecommunications equipment regarding physical set up, database administration and maintains inventory controls;
- Ensure proactive action is taken in the operation, installation and support of the City’s telecommunications systems, solutions and services;
- Provide assistance and technical support in the system review process, including planning, assessment, design and documentation of telecommunication systems for existing systems, upgrades and enhancements;
- Undertake reviews of services including hardware/software identification for inventory and analysis of cost data, including review of multiple vendor service offerings;
- Provide first level technical support for mobile telecommunication devices such as smartphones, hot spot modems, voice, PTT and other handheld mobile devices to users including senior management, Council and operational staff; provide second level technical support to Service Desk and Client Side Support;
- Monitor Mobile Device Management infrastructure, execute health check, conduct maintenance, apply patches and upgrade system versions to ensure critical devices remain operational;
- Liaise with Mobile Device Management and other I&T teams for resolution of mobile server outages;
- Communicate with vendor for mobile telecommunication device trouble tickets, enhancements, hardware and software upgrades;
- Participate in the development of security policies and encryption measures, test to ensure positive pass grade prior to implementation/roll out to the entire corporation;
- Respond to cross divisional user inquiries, investigate and analyze problems and develop solutions and/or action plans in response to inquiries regarding telecommunications issues;
- Liaise with vendors to purchase and maintain services/equipment including preparation of cost/benefit analysis of equipment and services;
- Maintain records of telecommunications account/number and equipment inventories, prepare activity reports and usage review/analysis;
- Review request for mobile telecommunication device services with clients, which includes advising client on most suitable options. Determine feature requirements and oversee the ordering and implementation of mobile telecommunications services;
- Coordinate with internal groups and the vendor to meet client requested due date;
- Prepare and issue work orders to vendors;
- Schedule work with service provider technical staff;
- Liaise with divisional staff regarding telecommunications equipment, solutions and services;
- Configure and deploy telecommunications equipment to staff;
- Maintain profiles in Mobile Device Management tool;
- Deliver training to City staff.
Your application for the role of Wireless Infrastructure Specialist should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a wireless telecommunication field or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Hands-on technical Tier 1 and Tier 2 experience in troubleshooting, diagnostics and programming mobile telecommunication devices such as smartphones, hot spot modems, voice, PTT and other hand held mobile devices in a large diverse client driven environment.
- Considerable experience configuring and provisioning mobile devices in Mobile Device Management Servers using AirWatch.
- Considerable experience creating user accounts using Apple iTunes Store and Google Account.
- Customer service experience in a client-focused environment, with excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
You must also have:
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Excel 2013, Outlook 2013 and Word 2013
- Knowledge of HP Service Manager and Net Plus (version 6.3) and Active Directory
- Knowledge of I&T related policies including Acceptable Use Policy and Mobile Device Policy
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven commitment to customer service, performance quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to convey, clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences
- Ability to develop and communicate technical documentation, standards, procedures and preventative maintenance
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff to facilitate training, monitoring and resolution reporting
- Ability to travel within the City of Toronto as required
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at [email protected]
, quoting job ID # and the job classification title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.