OverviewCity of Toronto Support Assistant C Part Time in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Support Assistant C
Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture….
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Support Assistant C in our Long-Term Care Homes and Services Division.
NOTE TO CURRENT CITY OF TORONTO LOCAL 79 PART-TIME EMPLOYEES : If you are a current City of Toronto Local 79 part-time employee, you must indicate that you are a “Current Part-time employee” in the ” Custom Information ” section of your on-line application form, and provide your ” Employee Number ” in order to be considered for this job opportunity.
- Provides customer service by answering telephone and responding to inquiries requiring broad knowledge of the operational area/function
- Prepares, researches, maintains and processes documents, selects and presents data
- Drafts correspondence, and determines and corrects errors
- Develops spreadsheets, inputs, updates and maintains data such as resident information (e.g. census, resident health card information and/or census, annual medicals and charts, scheduling and documenting)
- Operates office equipment and computers, utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed, skill and accuracy
- Prepares presentation materials, forms, data tables and charts
- Utilizes layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for records/documents (e.g. Resident Directory and/or Resident Statistics)
- Provides word processing, photocopying, faxing and filling support
- Issues/completes receipts/documentation
- Receives, balances and records payments and completes receipts
- Provides resident banking services, reconciles funds
- Coordinates meeting rooms, bookings and special requirements for meetings and events
- Attends meetings, takes and transcribes minutes
- Prepares, sorts, processes, collects, opens, distributes and delivers mail, cash, bank deposits
- Provides backup assistance as required for various administrative functions
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for the home
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
You must also have:
- Good verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal, conflict management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to create Contract Release Orders and enter Goods Receipts using SAP.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Knowledge of Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care Standards.
- Knowledge of database and payroll related applications such as SAP, QUATRO, Resident Financial Management System, XIBUY.
- Ability to establish effective and strong working relationships.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with residents, families, general public and all levels of staff.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage work with minimal supervision and complete assigned duties within timelines.
- Ability to work well autonomously or within a group or team environment.
- Ability to work in a customer service environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Ability and willingness to participate in in-service education programs.
- Ability and willingness to work shift work, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- As a condition of employment with the Long-Term Care Homes & Services Division, selected candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Reference Check (PRC) with vulnerable sector screening, tuberculosis screening and proof of immunization in accordance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (O.Reg.79/10).
- The Salary/Rate reflects the 2015 rates.
- Hours of Work can be up to 70 hours bi-weekly, however, Hours of Work will be decided based on operational needs.
- All applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01