OverviewCity of Toronto Supervisor, Social Assistance Temporary in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Supervisor, Social Assistance
Community and government agencies) and management. Working knowledge and familiarity with government legislation in the area of occupational health and safety….
Reporting to the Shelter Manager or Street Outreach Policy Officer, this position is responsible for leading the service planning and program delivery for programs within Hostel Services, in a client focused manner, and directing all administrative operations of programs.
- Monitors the program operations to ensure that all services are provided in accordance with Divisional and Unit policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Leads the delivery of effective assessment and coordinated case management services for clients by accessing services to assist them in securing and sustaining housing in the community.
- Oversees client intake, assessment and case management programming.
- Leads the development of partnerships with community agencies & services to deliver programming for clients.
- Monitors the quality of service provided by the program to ensure that the needs of clients are being met in a timely and professional manner.
- Evaluates existing programs and develops new initiatives.
- Ensures program files and records are properly maintained.
- Maintains working relationships and resolves issues internally with staff and externally with housing providers and community organizations.
- Develops and maintains internal program statistics/data collection to be reported on as required.
- Prepares and develops effective communication strategies and means of communication for internal and external audiences.
- Advocates for individuals/families in accordance with identified program needs.
- Supervises, provides guidance, training and support to Counselling staff.
- Participates in the hiring of staff.
- Participates in and/or leads the development of the training curriculum for counsellors as well as organizing and/or delivering the training.
- Responsible for the scheduling of work for program staff.
- Provides guidance to staff on the interpretation of relevant legislation and policy and counsels them on their performance in the delivery of client services.
- Identifies performance objectives to ensure program service delivery goals are met.
- Handles day to day labour relations matters, including the imposition of discipline and the hearing of grievances as required.
- Consults with the Manager and provides input on matters concerning the formulation of policy, objectives, systems and procedures.
- Completes reports, develops internal policies and procedures as well as implements systems to monitor and evaluate program objectives.
- Undertakes special projects and assignments as may be required by the Manager.
- A Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check will be required as a condition of employment.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. For disability-related accommodation, documentation must be from the applicants’ treating physician outlining their functional limitations.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17