OverviewCity of Toronto Ski Center Servicer Temporary in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Ski Center Servicer
Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and…
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture, and are proud to be the Host City for the 2015 Pan American and Parapan American Games. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Ski Center Servicer within our Parks, Forestry & Recreation Division.
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for 6 months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after 6 months.
- Determines and takes corrective measures to ensure a high quality and safe skiing surface
- Operates various types of motor vehicles, snow grooming machines, mechanized snowmaking equipment and ski lifts
- Performs annual set-up and dismantling of the Ski Centre and the maintenance and repairs to the snowmaking system, grooming equipment and ski lifts
- Completes reports of the duties performed, difficulties, facility use and complaints
- Provides general supervision of the facility including maintenance of indoor areas (washrooms, common areas of ski chalets) and ensures the terms of permits are upheld
- Performs other related work as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. For disability-related accommodation, documentation must be from the applicants’ treating physician outlining their functional limitations.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18