OverviewCity of Toronto Senior Systems Integrator (Datamart Technical Lead) Temporary in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Senior Systems Integrator (Datamart Technical Lead)
Senior Systems Integrator (Datamart Technical Lead). Experienced as a BI lead in developing and sustaining data warehousing, multidimensional data marts and…
Senior Systems Integrator (Datamart Technical Lead)
Experienced as a BI lead in developing and sustaining data warehousing, multidimensional data marts and analytics applications, you’ll bring knowledge of the full solution life cycle to this Senior Systems Integrator (Datamart Technical Lead) role with the City of Toronto IT Division.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Application Services, within I&T Enterprise Solutions Services, you will be assigned to lead the Centralized MLS Datamart project technical team, as well as provide expert DataWarehouse, Datamart and Business Intelligence functional and technical consulting, development, implementation and sustainment services. As a Datamart Technical Lead, you will also contribute to application architectures to support City Business Intelligence initiatives.
Your primary responsibilities as a Senior Systems Integrator (Datamart Technical Lead) will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Provide leadership in the area of enterprise Business Intelligence and Analytics development and sustainment at tactical, project and operational levels.
- Supervise, motivate and train assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, and continuous learning, and encouraging innovation in others.
- Supervise the day-to-day work of staff and resources, including scheduling, assigning and reviewing work tasks, to ensure a continuing, consistent service by developing complex, critical enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
- Coordinate with the business and technical staff to ensure that applications and users adhere to Business Intelligence policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the MLS Centralized Datamart project team on data sourcing and enterprise data warehouse development required to deploy Business Intelligence solutions.
- Lead Business Intelligence design, development and testing, to ensure that applications meet the needs of the business and are compliant with SDLC best practices.
- Lead in identifying and evaluating project requirements, analyze and recommend feasible options, design, develop and/or acquire, test and implement applications, and sustain information technology (IT) solutions to meet business objectives and client needs.
- Recommend and implement best practices on BI design and development, privacy and quality assurance requirements consistent with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), legislation and corporate standards regarding storage retention and processing of confidential personal, corporate and application data and information outputs.
- Lead multidisciplinary business and technical teams from across the Corporation, to formulate and execute project plans and tasks according to established project management principles and methodologies.
- Lead appropriate technical staff through the business application development life cycle, to produce scalable, sustainable and standards-compliant departmental and corporate solutions, in conformance with the current enterprise architecture and infrastructure, at both business and information technology levels.
- Develop and/or apply complex information delivery models (e.g., dashboards, scorecards, advance information visualizations) within the context of corporate architectures and technology standards.
- Lead various stages of projects, manage project team members and resources, and report progress to project managers, stakeholders and team members, ensuring successful delivery of solutions through proper coordination, issue management, change management, resource management, budget control, quality assurance, migration planning, contingency measures and risk mitigation.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner, to stakeholders, clients, project managers, supervisors and team members, any business and technical decisions and actions that may impact solution delivery, staff performance, business processes, management workflow and technical support of public services.
- Participate in, and contribute to, corporate and cross-departmental/divisional initiatives to design, construct and implement business and technical solutions, such as Business Intelligence, data warehousing and electronic service delivery, and related City initiatives, as required.
- Analyze, and recommend changes to, current business practices, business and information processes, data flows, performance measures, information delivery and knowledge utilization, toward a more efficiently managed and coherently integrated information environment for all departments in the City.
- Assist in preparing RFIs, RFPs, RFQs and other formal project documents (SOWs, MOUs, business cases, project charters, SLAs), participate in evaluating, selecting and recommending technical solutions and professional services, and assist in managing vendors and contractors in the overall solution delivery process.
- Assist in the development, recommendation and administration of the annual budget for the Unit and ensure that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget.
- Communicate effectively (e.g., leading or facilitating meetings, and preparing and delivering presentations and/or reports) with a variety of audiences, including business managers, project team members, other levels of government, City and/or external parties.
Your application for the role of Senior Systems Integrator (Datamart Technical Lead) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. For disability-related accommodation, documentation must be from the applicants’ treating physician outlining their functional limitations.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18