OverviewCity of Toronto Senior Human Resources Consultant, HR Employee & Labour Relations Full Time in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Senior Human Resources Consultant, HR Employee & Labour Relations
Develop and implement recommendations regarding compliance with collective agreement interpretation and administration, employment law, technical training…
Work for the City you love
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Senior Human Resources Consultant, Employee & Labour Relations within our Human Resources Division.
Your primary responsibilities as a Senior Employee & Labour Relations Consultant will be varied.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide senior-level consultation, interpretation and direct employee and labour relations services to a portfolio of divisions regarding collective agreements, investigations and disciplinary action, the Labour Relations Act and other related legislation.
- Conduct thorough, effective grievance investigations – from conducting interviews to obtaining documentary and other factual data – as well as grievance hearings and arbitrations.
- Investigate allegations of infringements of the Labour Relations Act, 1995, the Human Rights Code, the Employment Standards Act, 2000, and other legislation.
- Provide detailed research and analysis for collective agreement negotiations, and participate directly in the collective bargaining process.
- Mentor and coach consultants, associates and program support staff on providing leadership, developing recommendations, implementing solutions and ensuring quality in service delivery.
- Represent the Employee & Labour Relations team on task forces, corporate initiatives, committees, grievance arbitrations and other human resource issues.
- Develop and implement recommendations regarding compliance with collective agreement interpretation and administration, employment law, technical training design requirements, etc.
- Develop effective labour relations training manuals and deliver training to client groups.
- Provide quality control for work planning, and develop work objectives based on Employee & Labour Relations goals and client needs.
Number of Positions Open:
- One (1) Permanent vacancy
- One (1) Temporary vacancy, 12 months
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please call us at 416-397-4094 or email us at [email protected] .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-07