OverviewCity of Toronto Project Lead Traffic Management Centre Temporary in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Project Lead Traffic Management Centre
Acts as resource person for inquiries on Traffic Management Centre unit activities. Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates programs and projects related…
Major Responsibilities :
Reporting to the Manager – Intelligent Transportation Services (ITS) Capital Delivery, the Project Lead will provide support to the General Manager’s Office and the Manager – ITS Capital Delivery, as well as work independently to manage projects, activities and assignments in the delivery of the Traffic Management Centre’s Congestion Management Plan (CMP) and other Transportations Services programs.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates programs and projects related to the Traffic Management Centre (TMC) activities
- Develops and implements detailed plans and recommends practices regarding program specific requirements
- Provide advice, guidance and technical assistance to city and stakeholder staff related to TMC’s ITS and CMP initiatives
- Manages assigned projects and provides contract management to ensure effective teamwork and communication and high standards of work quality to advance the TMC’s ITS and CMP initiatives in a complex municipal environment
- Monitors projects with the help of other city divisions to ensure completion in accordance with approved plans, schedules and budgets
- Prepares project plans, reports and status updates on TMC’s ITS and CMP initiatives for senior staff
- Conducts research into various transportation operations, including relevant industry practices, equipment technologies, and cost-benefit results
- Establishes, maintains and fosters linkages to other divisions, agencies, boards and Commissions to ensure effective partnerships. Leads multi-disciplinary divisional project teams on TMC’s ITS and CMP projects
- Supervises project team members and support staff
- Prepares responses, reports and correspondence on behalf of Manager
- Coordinates input into the Capital Works Program and Operating budget
- Prepares, coordinates and makes recommendations on RFP’s, RFQ’s and tender documents for implementation of projects
- Develops training course material, conducts training and provides presentations as required for various levels of internal and external management/stakeholders
- Represents the Manager at project stakeholder meetings as required
- Acts as resource person for inquiries on Traffic Management Centre unit activities.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. For disability-related accommodation, documentation must be from the applicants’ treating physician outlining their functional limitations.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-10