OverviewCity of Toronto Program Standards & Development Officer Temporary in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Program Standards & Development Officer
Proficiency in the use of current office and workplace technology and other computer applications relevant to the work (e.g….
Reporting to the Manager, Community Recreation- Business Lead, the Program Standards and Development Officer will provide leadership and support to Division’s MIB (CLASS Replacement) Project.
The primary functions associated with this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leads assigned projects and teams, ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality, organizational performance and continuous learning.
- Conducts research and data analysis into assigned area ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, technical standards and procedures, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government
- Improves the Division’s operating performance and quality assurance through the development and implementation of service efficiencies, operational and service standards, standardization of policies, researching and evaluating service delivery systems
- Coordinates the collection, storage and documentation of various data required by Division,
- Develops and implements detailed plans and recommends policies and strategies regarding specific requirements
- Provides advice to the General Manager and the Parks, Forestry and Recreation Directors on a wide range of issues affecting the Division, such as recommendations on program directions, information and technology improvements, and strategic planning
- Researches and prepares reports, briefing notes and presentations for the Division’s Senior Management Team, Councillors and Standing Committees and community meetings
- Ensures the quality, consistency and compliance of service standards in all operating districts
- Develops, coordinates and leads or facilitates training opportunities for Branch staff
- Develops and assists with the implementation of communication plans and public awareness campaigns
- Ensures Branch and Divisional interests are represented appropriately on various Corporate and external initiatives and committees
- Ensures that the project expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy , a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01