OverviewCity of Toronto Coordinator Quality Assurance Full Time in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Coordinator Quality Assurance
Demonstrated commitment to customer service principles. Designs, coordinates and implements management and operational reviews and audits to assess service cost…
Please note: The salary reflects 2017 rates
The Coordinator, Quality Assurance will be responsible for ensuring Municipal Licensing & Standards is focused on quality assurance and continuous improvement across the division through the development of benchmarks, monitoring, evaluation, and customer-focused project implementation.
- Develops and implements quality assurance frameworks and systems for Municipal Licensing & Standards, including reporting and related activities.
- Conducts research into quality assurance ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government.
- Analyzes current procedures, policies, financial and customer data in order to develop options to improve program and operational effectiveness and better serve customers.
- Assesses financial and customer impact.
- Conducts regular quality assurance reviews and audits policies/procedures/programs and makes recommendation for improvement/increased compliance.
- Liaises with and assists staff training unit on the development of training related to operational policies and procedures.
- Identifies service issues and gaps, recommends and support continuous improvement.
- Plays a key role in the development of policies and procedures required to support the program, and in the implementation of processes throughout the division.
- Develops and implements detailed plans and recommends policies regarding program specific requirements.
- Analyzes and documents divisional processes, makes recommendations to improve work methods and procedures, leads their modification and implementation.
- Designs, coordinates and implements management and operational reviews and audits to assess service cost effectiveness, service impact and opportunities for improvement.
- Assists in the development, analysis and implementation of performance and outcome measures in support of service, goals and objectives
- Pilots/tests divisional administrative or service initiatives with recommendations for divisional application.
- Designs and coordinates customer and other surveys as required.
- Provides issues management advice and implements an issues management strategy that anticipates, identifies and responds to emerging issues.
- Develops papers and reports for presentation to management standing committees and Council.
- Assists with the development of the division’s business plan, annual report evaluation of unit specific programs.
- Supports change management and divisional policy development initiatives.
- Manages assigned projects, ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance and continuous learning.
- Ensures that the project expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved limitations.
- Assists in the development of benchmarks and identification of best practices and promotes same.
- Identifies trends and make recommendations for the reallocation of resources of modification of procedures.
- Uses statistical and data handling software packages to present findings both graphically and in written reports.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy . You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City’s hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at [email protected] , quoting the job ID #2295250 and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11