OverviewCity of Toronto Business Analyst SII Full Time in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Business Analyst SII
Interviewing (JAD sessions), data modeling, business process modeling, business object modeling and user interface design….
Reporting to the Supervisor Application Development, the incumbent will analyze business operations and application systems in order to bridge the gap of translating business requirements into system specifications in order to develop custom application solutions.
- Identifies a range of feasible options for operations, policies, technology, information systems and management practices, assessing the implications and viability of each option and recommending changes to improve service delivery
- Documents and analyzes business requirements utilizing various methods such as: interviewing (JAD sessions), data modeling, business process modeling, business object modeling and user interface design
- Designs system specifications; preparing requirements for ensuring proper system testing, implementation and operation
- Works closely with various stakeholders and partners to understand priorities and impact
- Prepares system and user documentation and provides consultation, technical support and user training to the business units on the specific technology application being implemented
- Provides support to the business units on the specific technology application being implemented and utilized in support of the business
- Evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of business systems and determines information systems strategies.
- Conducts feasibility and cost/benefit studies
- Assesses information technology and data/systems needs and requirements of business units and identifies and evaluates feasibility of various technological options
- Assesses impact of technology on service delivery/resources/business and costs/savings, and develops recommendations, including opportunities for maximizing technology and improving efficiency of business practices
- Assists in the development, testing, training and configuration of the specific applications and the fine tuning and implementation of upgrades, new releases and enhancements to the applications
- Contributes to successful project completion within budget and on time by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
- Develops and delivers presentation and training sessions tailored to specific stakeholder groups
- Conducts feasibility or other assessments as required by the business/project
- Manages vendors and external contractors
- Prepares RFI/P/Qs and other formal project documentation
- Takes an active role as a member of the project team and contribute to the overall work planning and priority setting of the project
- Travels to off-site locations
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy , accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01