OverviewCity of Toronto Application & Technical Support Specialist 1 (Technical Lead) Full Time in Toronto, ON
City of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Application & Technical Support Specialist 1 (Technical Lead)
Advise desktop configuration management teams on hardware and software technologies and deployment alternatives….
Application Technical Support Specialist 1 (Technical Lead)
Your system administration experience with Windows Server, IIS, Citrix, VMWare and SQL Server will have given you a solid foundation for success as an Application Technical Support Specialist 1 (Technical Lead) with the City of Toronto.
Working under the direction of the Senior Systems Integrator, you will provide both technical and business expertise related to the configuration, deployment, maintenance and administration of the Class system and other enterprise software.
Your primary responsibilities as a Application Technical Support Specialist 1 (Technical Lead) will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Schedule the workload and set priorities.
- Lead the team in the identification and resolution of issues and problems.
- Provide expertise in the assessment, analysis and evaluation of alternatives and the resolution of issues and problems.
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external groups on the resolution of problems.
- Recommend preventive solutions to mitigate recurrence of similar problems.
- Develop and recommend improvements to the current environment, policies and processes.
- Acquire, and dispose of, hardware and software.
- Configure hardware and software for application servers, desktops, and other technologies.
- Monitor and maintain access and security of data and infrastructure.
- Advise desktop configuration management teams on hardware and software technologies and deployment alternatives.
- Advise network management teams on hardware and software technologies, connectivity, and backup and recovery alternatives.
- Advise security management and control teams on security-related technologies and access control alternatives.
- Perform capacity planning.
- Review the work of staff and provide training to them.
- Prepare, direct, and recommend for approval training material and documentation for use by clients and staff.
- Provide training to clients in the use of technology.
- Prepare statistics and draft summary reports.
- Support the centralized management of access control.
- Install /roll out applications, hardware and/or software and take inventory of such assets.
- Design and create databases.
- Attend committee meetings.
- Travel to off-site locations.
Your application for the role of Application Technical Support Specialist 1 (Technical Lead) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
You must also have:
- Ability to establish and maintain good consulting relationships with Division clients and vendors.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to understand user issues as well as provide coaching and training to staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, set priorities, as well as plan and execute tasks.
- Ability to vary the work schedule based on operational requirements.
- Experience working with the Class system, an asset.
- Ability to travel within the City of Toronto.
Contribute to the vision of “Toronto better served through innovative Information Technology”
As North America’s fourth largest city and Canada’s financial and business capital, the City of Toronto is seeking innovative, proven information technology specialists to join our dynamic team. Help build a best practice IT organization that will be responsive in meeting the needs of our 240+ different lines of business involving more than 20,000 staff at 600+ sites.
Join the Toronto Public Service as an Application Technical Support Specialist 1 (Technical Lead) within our award-winning IT Division, supporting the City programs and services that ultimately serve approximately 2.8 million residents. The diversity of our IT applications, services and infrastructure mirrors the diversity of our citizens. This includes an infrastructure of over 22,300 desktops/notebooks/workstations, 2,100 servers, 1,000 applications and 1 petabyte of data. We are proud to be recognized worldwide for our successful use of IT to attract leading-edge business, build skills, generate economic growth and improve government service delivery. Our talented teams are behind the creation of the Toronto Public Library’s express checkout system, the City’s 3-1-1 Report It Online campaign, and the integration with Canada Post’s ePost Service.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy , accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-12-17