OverviewCity of Surrey Planner 2 (Urban Design) Full Time in Surrey, BC
City of Surrey
Branch Surrey BC CA
Planner 2 (Urban Design)
Knowledgeable of Urban Design and Architecture as it pertains to a variety of developments including, but not limited to town centre development, commercial and…
The Planning & Development Department has a regular full time opportunity for a Planner 2 position in the Area Planning Division in the Planning and Development Department.
Reporting to the Current Planning Manager we are looking for a Planner 2 focused on Urban Design to complement the South Surrey team. Responsibilities include reviewing development permit and subdivision proposals, preparing design guidelines and land use plans, liaising with a range of stakeholders, and attending Advisory Design Panel meetings. Other duties include preparing reports and undertaking studies as necessary on design or other planning-related issues.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledgeable of Urban Design and Architecture as it pertains to a variety of developments including, but not limited to town centre development, commercial and mixed use development, industrial and business parks, cultural districts, and large scale multifamily residential projects.
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Able to manage a heavy workload with demanding timelines.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and customer relationship management skills will be critical as you engage with many stakeholders, including Developers, Architects, Consultants, internal staff, external organizations and agencies and the public.
- Urban design and architectural knowledge to aid in undertaking studies and developing policies/guidelines on design and other planning related issues.
- Familiarity with the municipal design review process and development applications.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Completion of a Masters degree in a related discipline complemented with 3 years of experience in the planning profession.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in the planning profession after a Bachelor’s degree.
- Preference will be give to those with experience in the municipal sector.
- Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners is desirable.
This posting will close on Friday, August 21st at 4:30pm.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-19