OverviewCity of St. Albert Professional Programming Assistant Part Time in St. Albert, AB
City of St. Albert
Branch St. Albert AB CA
Professional Programming Assistant
St. Albert, AB
A valid Class 5 driver’s license. Assist with logistics such as catering, accommodation, transportation, work authorization permits, visas, cargo and specials…
Cultivate your Career: Are you looking for a part-time opportunity to work in a fast paced, creative, dynamic and energetic environment? St. Albert is a city rich in arts and heritage, with superior cultural opportunities for the enjoyment and learning of many. The Cultural Services Department strives to provide positive experiences in several areas, including visual and performing arts, as well as the Arden Theatre, International Children’s Festival and St. Albert Children’s Theatre.
The Opportunity: Reporting to the Professional Programming Presenter, this position is responsible for supporting the professional performing arts presenting of events and program at the City of St. Albert. These include: the Arden Theatre, International Children’s Festival, as well as performing arts presenting components of special projects (Amplify Youth Festival, Servus Place, etc.).
As the Professional Programming Assistant, you will:
• liaise with artists, agents, artist managers, promoters and record companies to support the coordination of tours and performances to take place in specified venues;
• support the Professional Programming Presenter in the execution of contracts, processing of artist fees and per diems for events;
• develop and maintain strong connections with internal staff involved in special events/festivals, small or lower profile arts organizations as well as local and regional event planners that help to increase St. Albert’s profile;
• research similar programming and audience demographics in other markets to support the professional programming goals of the department;
• assist with logistics such as catering, accommodation, transportation, work authorization permits, visas, cargo and specials requests for artists; and
• act as artist liaison and assist with patron services in support of Front-of-House staff during Professional shows.
Qualifications: • A diploma or undergraduate degree in a related field of study.
• Prior experience with arts administration, front of house, reading artist contracts, and work related to performing arts.
• Some programming knowledge in music (roots, world, blues jazz, pop, folk, and classical), theatre, film and dance.
• Some understanding of family programming in all genres to meet the unique programming needs of the International Children’s Festival and the Family Series would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of technical theatre operations and previous work experience in a festival setting is an asset.
• A valid Class 5 driver’s license.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Hours of Work: Approximately 16 – 24 hours per week based on operational need. This position will require a mix of daytime, evening and weekend work.
Compensation: $22.23 – $27.06 per hour
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a clear vulnerable sector police information check.
Application instructions: Please submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this opportunity.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. The City of St. Albert will no longer accept applications in person, via fax, email or by post. Applications will only be accepted to 10:00 p.m. (Mountain Time Zone) on closing date.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: St. Albert, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-29