OverviewCity of St. Albert Communications Coordinator Full Time in St. Albert, AB
City of St. Albert
Branch St. Albert AB CA
St. Albert, AB
There may be the occasional requirement for extra and evening hours, with ample notice, which could include attendance at meetings and events….
Cultivate your Career:
As Alberta’s ‘Botanical Arts City’, St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 63,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert the #1 place to live in Canada.
The Business and Marketing Branch of our Recreation and Parks Department is seeking to fill the new position of Communications Coordinator.
As the Communications Coordinator you will work under the direction of our Marketing & Communications Supervisor to develop and coordinate all elements of electronic and written communication, both internal and external, for the Recreation and Parks Department. You will also coordinate public engagement activities for the Department and works with the City’s Corporate Communications and Design branch to ensure that the communications functions for Recreation and Parks meet the needs of the community. The Coordinator works closely with the Marketing and Communications Supervisor to ensure that the department’s communications are consistent with marketing messages.
This is an excellent opportunity to apply your strong knowledge and skills in communications planning, writing, editing, and media relations in a dynamic and high energy environment. We seek an individual who takes pride in providing exceptional client service, is organized, motivated and has great interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma plus completion of an undergraduate degree in communications, marketing or a related field.
- Previous experience (3 – 5 years) in communications and marketing, with demonstrated knowledge of website content management, social media and mobile applications software.
- The ideal candidate is professional, personable, organized and delivers work on time.
- You must be a strong verbal and written communicator and possess highly developed grammar, spelling and editing skills.
- The role is well suited for someone who is able to think ‘big-picture’, is solution oriented and has great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite programs, desktop publishing and website content management systems are necessary.
Hours of Work:
We offer a compressed schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks).
There may be the occasional requirement for extra and evening hours, with ample notice, which could include attendance at meetings and events.
$56,107 – $68,261 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive flexible benefit package.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
** Please submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this opportunity.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. Albert, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-22