City of Saskatoon Community Consultant Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
City of Saskatoon
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Knowledge of current literature, standards, trends and evaluation principles and methods applicable to facility operation, program planning, customer service,…
- Provides advice, direction, and assistance, through consultative services, to community and target groups, pertaining to planning, conducting, and evaluating operations and programs regarding identified needs and organizational development.
- Selects, directs, supervises, schedules, trains, develops, and evaluates staff.
- Coordinates and assists with the preparation and monitoring of the budget.
- Represents the Department at the neighbourhood, suburban, and city-wide levels, and to other departments and outside agencies, with respect to the implementation and interpretation of policy and the program planning cycle. Recommends policies and procedures.
- Negotiates partnerships, leases and co-sponsorships, with the public and other agencies, for approval by supervisor, to maximize use and provide a wide variety of choice of leisure activities and reduce barriers to participation.
- Facilitates participation processes with the public and users to ensure the parks and facility infrastructure is developed to support the recreation delivery roles of volunteer and other agencies and to determine preferences and priorities for leisure activities and services provided by the Department and by external agencies.
- Prepares reports of concerns and comments from the public and staff, actual achievements compared to desired results, and provides an analysis of the variance, regarding plans, programs, and policies that may affect priorities, resources, and morale.
- Provides administrative direction to staff and other departments to ensure the site is managed in accordance with safety standards and with user and program needs.
- Coordinates and facilitates leadership training programs for program staff and volunteers.
- Prepares program strategies in specific program areas and for specific target groups in accordance with the Program Planning Cycle.
- Develops and provides written, technical, and financial resources for program service as identified by the Department in areas of leadership and training, organizational development, and community planning.
- Coordinates the development, delivery, implementation, and evaluation of programs at various locations throughout the City and to specific target populations.
- Provides support to assist groups in conducting needs studies and correlates those needs with activities of the Department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in recreation/leisure management kinesiology, physical education, community development or a related field.
- Six years’ progressive experience in the field of community development, including working with non-profit, volunteer organizations.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of planned leisure activities, organizational and volunteer development and their application to personal and community development.
- Knowledge of current literature, standards, trends and evaluation principles and methods applicable to facility operation, program planning, customer service, community development, leadership and target populations.
- Knowledge of public participation processes, group facilitation, team building, and group dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and facilitate processes and partnerships for program delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff, including selection, performance assessment, training, scheduling, delegating, motivating, team building and leading by example.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a vision and initiate creatively the design and delivery of programs, program areas and sites by generating program ideas, implementing new programs, taking risks and collaborating with others.
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas and concepts effectively orally and in writing to a variety of audiences, including formal presentations and the development and delivery of education and training, composing reports, conducting public consultation and developing resource material.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, peers, supervisor, volunteers, and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate mutually beneficial agreements and to manage change through decision-making, problem-solving, consensus-building and dialogue.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and summarize reliable information to determine action required.
- Demonstrated skill in planning, scheduling, budgeting, management reporting and time management.
- Skill in the use of a computer with word-processing, database and spreadsheet software.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $5,687.54 /month