OverviewCity of Richmond BC Staff Solicitor Full Time in Richmond, BC
City of Richmond BC
Branch Richmond BC CA
The focus of this position will be to provide legal advice on municipal, corporate, real estate, land use, intellectual property and procurement issues….
The focus of this position will be to provide legal advice on municipal, corporate, real estate, land use, intellectual property and procurement issues. Advice and guidance will also be provided to all City departments and the City’s municipal corporations on a wide number of issues in various areas of the law. The ability to provide sound legal advice in a timely fashion and in a logical, concise manner is crucial for success in this role. This position will appeal to an individual who is comfortable managing many files concurrently and who enjoys working with diverse stakeholders and issues.
When requested, the Staff Solicitor will:
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts, leases, licenses, purchase and sale contracts and agreements for land use developments.
- Provide advice to City and municipal corporation senior management and staff on municipal, corporate, real estate, intellectual property and other matters.
- Review and draft reports to Council and Committee.
- Attend and make presentations before Council and Committee.
- Prepare legal opinions.
- Draft and review bylaws.
- Prepare precedents and oversee the work of legal assistants.
- Provide general municipal and corporate law advice.
Education & Experience
Must possess an LL.B. and be a member in good standing of the Law Society of British Columbia. A minimum of five years practice. Experience in Municipal Law / Practice is required.
Knowledge & Skills & Abilities
- Ability to develop an excellent knowledge of the legislation governing the City.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to work in a dynamic, flexible work environment.
- Ability to work on and advance the interests of multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent file and client management techniques and fluency in an MS Office work environment.
- Ability to function with minimal administrative support.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18