OverviewCity of Regina Casual Labourer – Summer Opportunity (Term) Temporary in Regina, SK
City of Regina
Branch Regina SK CA
Casual Labourer – Summer Opportunity (Term)
Typical duties include bagging smaller debris in garbage bags and piling larger debris in small piles. As these positions will work outdoors, labourers must be…
The Winter District Maintenance Branch is looking for hard workers to assist in the summer clean up of the snow storage site. Typical duties include bagging smaller debris in garbage bags and piling larger debris in small piles. The team hired to do this activity will strive to follow the daily and weekly task objectives set and reviewed with the supervisor.
Duration : This position will begin Monday, July 6, and may last for approximately 4 to 6 weeks, weather permitting.
Conditions : As these positions will work outdoors, labourers must be comfortable working in various conditions including heat, wind, and rain. Due to site conditions, the group will be required to use personal protective equipment, insect repellents, and sun screen, which will be supplied by the City of Regina.
Candidates will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s licence (a driver abstract will be required),
- Ability to perform physical labour over sustained periods of time in all weather conditions,
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment,
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions,
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with fellow workers, and
- Ability to work in a safe manner.
- Ability to operate a skid steer is an asset, but not a requirement (please note in your application if you are able to operate a skid steer).
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24