OverviewCity of Oshawa IT Project Planning & Portfolio Manager Full Time in Oshawa, ON
City of Oshawa
Branch Oshawa ON CA
IT Project Planning & Portfolio Manager
Enterprise applications, end-user hardware, technology infrastructures). Ability to understand key information technologies and their functionality (e.g….
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology Services, the IT Project Planning and Portfolio Manager will lead IT process improvement and IT project planning functions for the City of Oshawa. The City of Oshawa strives to provide an environment that cultivates and supports the following core values: Authenticity, Courage, and Trust (ACT).
Key Responsibilities include:
• Leading IT process improvement initiatives to ensure that the work delivered in ITS is aligned to best practices, defining appropriate project management processes for the branch and providing direction and support to ITS staff to ensure that practices are followed.
• Providing direct IT project management services to ensure that IT projects are delivered on time and on budget to ensure the most efficient allocation of resources that align with the corporate goals and technology strategy while supporting customer needs.
• Managing the corporate IT governance processes and providing Project Portfolio Management (PPM) services for the branch enabling the strategic goals of the organization through the successful identification, prioritization, and delivery of IT projects.
• Providing IT Project management and process improvement expertise and acting as a coach and resource to ITS staff in order to ensure that ITS staff are providing and delivering consistent IT project management and process improvement to the City of Oshawa which is aligned with corporate standards and established and leading practices.
• Coordinating with IT management to create long-term IT business and technology plans.
Job Requirements Knowledge and skills normally associated with completion of a four year (4) University degree in a related field of study (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration) plus five (5) years experience in information systems project management implementation and support along with experience managing project teams and/or managing or supervising staff.
Project Management Professional (P.M.P.) designation with Project Management Institute (P.M.I.)
Significant experience and demonstrated ability in leading large scale projects and initiatives and managing cross-functional teams to deliver enterprise level solutions.
Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills to deal effectively and tactfully with a broad range of senior management personnel, elected officials, staff, external agencies, other levels of government and the general public.
Strong facilitation and change management skills to generate collaboration among cross-functional teams and the ability to nurture working relationships with different levels of staff from various business areas.
Ability to understand key information technologies and their functionality (e.g. enterprise applications, end-user hardware, technology infrastructures).
Possess high level critical and strategic thinking skills, excellent organizational skills and complex analytical and problem solving skills.
Possess and maintain an unrestricted Ontario Driver’s Licence (minimum Class “G”) in good standing.
Please be advised that position location as noted is at the time of posting and is subject to change, as required due to operational needs.
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
City of Oshawa employees need to apply through the intranet (iConnect) in order to be considered as an internal candidate. All applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Please ensure that you check your email regularly to receive any correspondence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). The City of Oshawa will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities and/or needs related to the OHRC . Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Oshawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10