OverviewCity of Mississauga Supervisor, Mobile Licensing Enforcement Full Time in Mississauga, ON
City of Mississauga
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Supervisor, Mobile Licensing Enforcement
Post-secondary education in law enforcement/by-law enforcement or other related field. Minimum 3-5 years supervisory / leadership experience in the law…
Supervisor, Mobile Licensing Enforcement
Working for the City means you are part of something big, something special!! You will be part for a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver on our commitment to the residents, visitors and businesses of Mississauga.
- Post-secondary education in law enforcement/by-law enforcement or other related field
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory / leadership experience in the law enforcement / by-law enforcement field or related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of the City by-laws, the Provincial Offences Act and an understanding of the municipal process
- Demonstrated investigative abilities and the ability to maintain high standard of confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation skills)
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills with the ability to resolve confrontational situations with tact, and diplomacy
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must hold valid Ontario “G” Driver’s Licence (with no restrictions) and possess an excellent driving record
- A clear criminal record certificate may also be required of the successful candidate, at the own expense to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Under the direction of the Manager, Mobile Licensing Enforcement:
- Responsible for the staffing, supervision, leadership, coaching and training of all Mobile Licensing Officers in the performance of their duties (in office and on the road), including performance management, training and disciplinary matters as appropriate
- Ensure that accurate records and statistics relating to enforcement are maintained and timely reports are provided
- Monitor operational procedures on an on-going basis and provide updates or initiate improvements to the operation.
- Conduct policy and program review studies to assess the impact, cost benefit and merits of existing and future initiatives
- Prepare written reports and conduct presentations as required
- Participate in front line meetings with the industry
- Provide backup and coverage for Mobile Licensing Officers by performing Enforcement duties and will present evidence in the Ontario Court (Provincial Division) as required.
- Promote management strategies and foster an environment to encourage and motivate others to achieve high levels of performance and improved customer service;
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a schedule which ensures appropriate staff coverage on all shifts including up-dating the electronic schedule on a daily basis
- Investigate and respond to inquiries from Council, staff and the public
- In co-ordination with the Health and Safety representatives, ensure that proper safety measures are observed by the Mobile Licensing Enforcement Staff
- Performs Acting Manager duties as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
NOTE: This position may be required work some varied shifts and may include coverage for stat holidays and City Shut- downs in accordance with divisional standards.
Hours of Work: 35 hour per week
Salary: $74,303 – $99,071
Closing Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015
Number of Openings: 1 Permanent Full-time
Department/Division/Unit: Transportation & Works Department/Enforcement Division
Work Location: City of Mississauga
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Act.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24