OverviewCity of Mississauga Project Manager, Enterprise Architect Full Time in Mississauga, ON
City of Mississauga
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Project Manager, Enterprise Architect
Lead and supervise a team of developers, and technical specialists that will work in collaboration with business stakeholders to manage, develop, deliver,…
If you love Enterprise Architecture and love to design strategies for Websites and mobile applications architecture, you are going to love this job !
The City of Mississauga is looking for a strong Project Manager that can lead a dynamic eCity Portal and Mobility Team . The successful candidate must have expertise in Enterprise Architecture, design reference Architecture for Web sites and applications, and have the ability to develop a roadmap that includes a transition architectures and the ability to develop strategies that elevate the City’s Web and Mobile presence. This candidate would also be responsible for leading and driving the adoption of the new Architecture to stakeholders across the City.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Digital Services & Mobility, the successful candidate will:
- Lead and supervise a team of developers, and technical specialists that will work in collaboration with business stakeholders to manage, develop, deliver, maintain and support business solutions for the City’s Portal and Mobility projects
- Manage all aspects of projects related to eCity Portal Web applications to ensure delivery of initiatives on time and within scope and budget: project charters and project management plans, developing business process/requirements and ensuring quality technical specifications
- Lead and delivery of Enterprise Web and Mobile platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices
- Create and participate in producing team deliverables (including architecture and technical design documentation, standards, code development, and QA) to high quality standards.
- Lead and facilitate the Enterprise architecture governance process based on governance structure within the NIST framework.
- Develop eCity, Portal and Web applications architecture reference documentation
- Develop and implement a comprehensive eCity technology roadmap for
- Manage resources and vendors relationships required for the successful execution of Web development projects.
- Collaborate with enterprise architecture, infrastructure design, application development, product management, and business teams to ensure highly reliable, extensible, maintainable, and operable Mobile products and platforms
- Comply with all Information Technology service levels, change and version control, systems development methodology, standards, policies, audit and financial controls
- Achieve service excellence as part of a high-performance team, lead the PMP process and conduct performance appraisals, coaching staff
- Manage funding allocated to projects consistent with good financial practice
- Pro-actively communicate project status including quality and performance metrics of all work in progress to all stakeholders
- Promote a positive work environment through demonstrated initiative and leadership by example
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in computer science or related discipline with a minimum 5 years project management and supervisory experience in an information management resources environment or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Previous experience leading and delivering IT Web Development Projects; Web Architecture Designs; and Web Development Governance is highly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and use of MS Project is preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of PHP, SQL, JQuery, CSS, HTML, ASPX, Drupal, WordPress, iOS native apps and mobile web; and also needs to have the ability to leverage API’s and integrate with Enterprise class applications utilizing common integration technologies across multiple platforms.
- Web Content Management System experience is strongly preferred
- Must have previous experience working in cloud AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Oracle Web Centers/Portal experience would be an asset
- An understanding of NIST, ITIL or COBIT frameworks would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, coach, supervise and coordinate related activities of staff, stakeholders and contracted service providers
- Thinks strategically about business issues with a strong bias for action and business solutions and commitment to service excellence
- Exceptional project management, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service and ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and application of vendor management, contract administration, and annual budgeting
- Developing and executing risk management and quality assurance processes, application integration development, systems development, maintenance and application support
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with various levels of staff, business units and the leadership team, including presenting to various stakeholder groups
- Canadian Municipal experience would be an asset
Hours of Work: 35 hour per week
Salary: $95,994-$127,987 / year
Closing Date: 9 November 2017
Number of Openings: 1 Permanent Full-time
Department/Division/Unit: Corporate Services Department / Information Technology Division
Work Location: 300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code , the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-30