OverviewCity of London Budget Analyst Temporary in London, ON
City of London
Branch London ON CA
Develops budget presentation reports for property tax, water rate and sewer rate budgets to assist in the decision making at Senior management and Political…
Reports to the Capital Budget and Current Budget and Process Officer, responsible for the analysis, processing and reconciliation of Corporate budget information and adjustments related to both capital and operating budgets. Reconciles and monitors systems for the tracking of Reserve Funds and all forms of development agreement securities and provides reports for same.
- Performs accounting, analysis, research and reconciliation for the operating and capital budget development and monitoring processes.
- Develops budget presentation reports for property tax, water rate and sewer rate budgets to assist in the decision making at Senior management and Political levels.
- Responds to inquiries with respect to budget information. Assists with budget binder coordination and provides assistance in all aspects of annual budget development as required.
- Analyzes capital projects and prepares source of financing reports for approval by the Director of Financial Planning & Policy or designate.
- Performs accounting and analysis functions related to operating and capital budget monitoring and advises Budget Officers of any problems or potential problems and recommends course of action.
- Reconciles and maintains documentation pertaining to all Corporate Reserve Funds, providing reports as required (monthly, quarterly, Ad Hoc) on the same.
- Prepares general reports from financial system (ie: JDE, Cognos, Spreadsheet) and distributes to departments for budget deliberations.
- Provides periodic treasury management assistance on cash management activities and processes.
- Liaises with departments, developers and banking institutions. Maintains the monitoring system for receipt and release of all security and all other receipts and payments required under subdivision, reference plan, and development agreements.
- Prepares accounts payable vouchers of all payments required under agreements and for appropriations in accordance with proper approvals, policies, and procedures.
- Acts as backup to Capital and Current Budget and Process Officers as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Two year Community College Business Administration Diploma with a focus on accounting or educational equivalent.
One to two years’ related experience.
Specialized Training and Licenses
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary :
Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and various software.
$39,154 to $54,572 (Level 8)
This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis for up to one year.
Hours of Works: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please note that the hours of work are subject to change.
Applicants will be required to complete a job related test.
Please upload your transcripts with your application (under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Information Check dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24