OverviewCity of London Administrative Assistant II, Human Resources (Talent Management) Temporary in London, ON
City of London
Branch London ON CA
Administrative Assistant II, Human Resources (Talent Management)
Assists in the engagement of all new employees and prepares and administers all payroll and benefit documentation related to the engagement of new employees,…
Reports to the Talent Management Specialist with responsibilities to assist in the engagement of new employees consistent with prescribed policies and procedures and in the administration of related documentation.
- Provides administrative support for Talent Management Specialist and the Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Assists in the engagement of all new employees and prepares and administers all payroll and benefit documentation related to the engagement of new employees, including appointments for interviews, medicals, offer letters, reference checking, payroll forms and associated record keeping.
- Prepares and processes Job Postings and advertisements for staff vacancies in accordance with all collective agreements and the Management Employment Policy. Records applications received and forwards to the appropriate department head or nominee. Advises applicants of the status of their application. May appoint, notify candidate, and determine salary of unionized staff.
- Reviews Personal Action Forms received from managers for recommendations for promotions and transfers to ensure proper salaries, anniversary dates, laterals etc. prior to confirmation letters and processing to payroll. Authorizes laterals, transfers, and name changes.
- Administers various written and technical tests given to applicants for staff vacancies.
- Maintains confidential records of new and existing employees and initiates appropriate follow-up to ensure compliance with various Collective Agreements and Corporate Administrative Policies.
- Acts as resource and provides guidance to other staff and training and coaching to new staff.
- Receives and responds to telephone and counter inquiries and provides assistance to employees with respect to benefits, employment policies and information pertaining to job vacancies.
- Extends offers of employment to new employees and advises existing employees of appointments to job postings.
- Undertakes various special projects related to the area as well as related duties as assigned.
- Operates standard office equipment including telephone, calculator, fax machine, photocopier, computer terminal and P.C. with various software packages.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Completion of a two year Community College Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent.
Human Resources Management Certificate preferred.
Two years experience in administrative support role.
Working knowledge of various software programs including word processing and spreadsheets. Conversant with HRIS/payroll systems.
Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis for up to 2 years.
PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION (Under the Documents Section).
Please note successful candidates will be asked to provide a Police Information Check (PIC), dated within the last six months. This documentation would not be required until further in the recruitment process (following the interview stage if selected).
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11