OverviewCity of Guelph IT Service Desk Assistant (temporary 4 months) Temporary in Guelph, ON
City of Guelph
Branch Guelph ON CA
IT Service Desk Assistant (temporary 4 months)
Experience with PC/Laptop ghosting, testing and software installation. Resumes are being accepted for two (2) temporary positions for up to 4 months as a IT…
Resumes are being accepted for two (2) temporary positions for up to 4 months as a IT Service Desk Assistant with the Information Technology Department.
Position summary Work with the yearly PC/Laptop replacements – responsible for ghosting, testing, and installing software and hardware at city owned offices and facilities.
- Unpack, setup, and use Microsoft system Center to install new and replacement computers and related peripherals (i.e. scanners, CD writers, etc.)
- Install, upgrade Windows business software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Performs testing to ensure that computers, applications and peripherals are 100% operational after being upgraded.
- Install, upgrade, troubleshoot desktop operating systems (i.e. Windows 7).
- Receives work requests from the IT Service Desk. Fixes problem and closes calls in a timely manner. Consults with and follows up with user when required.
- Currently enrolled or completed a post secondary school degree or diploma in Information Technology.
- Experience with PC/Laptop ghosting, testing and software installation.
- Valid G or G2 driver’s licence with a good driving record and a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
- Excellent customer services skills with the ability to interact with city staff.
- Must possess effective interpersonal skills, including oral & written communication skills.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to maintain files and records.
Work hours Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. After hours work is required at certain times. This is a temporary position for approximately 4 months starting May 2017 to September 2017.
Rate of pay $15.08 – $20.32 per hour.
How to apply Applications must be received online by Monday, February 20, 2017. To apply for this position, please click on the ‘Apply Here’ button below. Please follow the instructions and follow all steps to the process. In order to be considered for this position you must complete all of the steps when creating your profile. This will include a short online screening questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process. You will also need to attach both your cover letter and resume saved as one document (PDF format preferred). If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
Apply for This Job
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Guelph, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10