OverviewCity of Guelph Garage Utility Cleaner Full Time in Guelph, ON
City of Guelph
Branch Guelph ON CA
Garage Utility Cleaner
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the…
The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the position of Garage Utility Cleaner with the Public Works Department, Fleet Services. The successful candidate will have a focus on quality customer service and continuous improvement processes. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
HOURS OF WORK:
Afternoons, nights and/or weekend shifts are required.
- Perform labour duties in the development, maintenance and operation of Transit activities.
- Keep the transit vehicles/facility in a clean and neat condition, fuel vehicles and check fluid levels.
- Be capable of undertaking minor repairs to the facility and transit vehicles.
- Be capable of driving all transit vehicles for the purpose of changing vehicles off of routes when necessary.
- Comply with all City regulations, policies and procedures.
- Comply with the regulations and requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Immediately report vandalism, mechanical difficulties, damage etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a Grade 12 diploma and experience related to cleaning and maintenance of vehicles. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Possess a minimum DZ driver’s licence or higher with a good driving record and be willing and capable of obtaining a BZ licence within a specified time period. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their licence is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
- Must be able to perform physical work (e.g. heavy lifting, repetitive tasks, various levels of standing, climbing, sitting & crouching as required)
- Reliable self-starter, able to perform a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to be trained on basic use of WAM computer system.
- Must be able to work with or without supervision.
- Must possess good team skills and have a sincere focus on quality customer service
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
$24.71 per hour
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be received online by Sunday, February 1, 2015. To apply for this position, please visit http://guelph.ca/employment-careers/ for further detailed instructions. Please follow the instructions and follow all steps to the process. In order to be considered for this position you must complete all of the steps when creating your profile. This will include a short online screening questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process. You will also need to attach both your cover letter and resume saved as one document (PDF format preferred). If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Guelph, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25