OverviewCity of Guelph Coordinator, Market and Sales Development- temporary approx.14 months Contract in Guelph, ON
City of Guelph
Branch Guelph ON CA
Coordinator, Market and Sales Development- temporary approx.14 months
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness,…
The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Transit Business Services the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of strategies, campaigns and communications to support the overall marketing objectives of Guelph transit; with a focus on increasing ridership and revenue. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
- Develop new programs and services to encourage ridership growth within the community and increase revenue.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan for Guelph Transit.
- Negotiate and manage print requirements for all fare media, brochures, posters, bus stop signage and information posts.
- Further develop corporate pass sales programs; develop and distribute transit communication material and information to businesses for their employees.
- Negotiate and manage, bus, bench and shelter advertising agreements including financial tracking and reporting of revenue.
- Manage relationships with vendors of Guelph Transit fare media.
- Manage inventory of advertisements on buses, including City of Guelph information posters, to ensure all marketing materials are current.
- Prepare marketing material and make presentations to potential clients in an effort to gain ridership and increase sales.
- Secure sponsorship for providing extended service for special events such as New Year’s Eve, Canada Day, and John Galt Day etc.
- Prepare Committee and Council reports as required.
- Manage Guelph Transit website content and social media accounts and liaise with IT if significant update/upgrades are required.
- Using design software, create and/or update brochures, posters for buses, advertisements, fare media and other information posts.
- Liaise with Corporate Communications in the continuing development of the multi-year communications plan.
- Represent Guelph Transit at special events related to marketing Guelph Transit.
- Manage the bus charter program including marketing and booking of all charters; providing information to Supervisors for scheduling and ensure billing of service.
- Respond to customer service inquiries.
- Coordinate Guelph Transit staff events (i.e. driver appreciation barbeque and retirement parties).
- Manage Guelph Transit telephony system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a college diploma in Marketing, Business, Public Relations or a related discipline and considerable experience in public relations and marketing. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A valid Class G drivers licence with a good driving record. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their licence is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to resolve customer inquiries/complaints in an effective manner.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments in order to meet deadlines in a very demanding customer service focus environment.
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written) with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of the AODA requirements for developing documents.
- Experience with graphic design software such as In-Design.
- Experience with managing social media such as Facebook and Twitter including the use of HootSuite or other similar social media software.
- A team player with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to conduct research and prepare marketing plans and recommendations.
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, diplomacy and high levels of confidentiality with respect to sales initiatives, negotiations and client agreements.
- Ability to facilitate change and develop new programs and education materials.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of municipal government and/or transit is an asset.
$30.96-$38.70 (2014 rate)
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be received online by Tuesday, February 3, 2015. To apply for this position, please visit http://guelph.ca/employment-careers/ for further detailed instructions. Please follow the instructions and follow all steps to the process. In order to be considered for this position you must complete all of the steps when creating your profile. This will include a short online screening questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process. You will also need to attach both your cover letter and resume saved as one document (PDF format preferred). If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Guelph, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24