OverviewCity of Grande Prairie Sales and Promotions Coordinator Contract in Grande Prairie, AB
City of Grande Prairie
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Sales and Promotions Coordinator
Grande Prairie, AB
Are you creative, innovative and entrepreneurial? We need someone who is assertive, can make cold calls and has the proven ability to generate, implement and…
Are you creative, innovative and entrepreneurial?
Do you want to be part of the venue industry’s hardest working team?
Then Revolution Place is waiting for you! We host an array of events ranging from:
Concerts; Family and Trade shows; In-house productions; International,
Junior and Minor Hockey; Curling, Conventions
and the event list continues to grow!
As Sales and Promotions Coordinator your goals include but are not limited to:
- Generating new sales revenues through cold calls to large and small corporations, social organizations, service clubs etc.
- Developing sponsorship packages, special offers and proposals utilizing approved Revolution Place inventory – event tickets, signage opportunities, room rentals and ice inventory etc.
- Working collaboratively with Economic Development to have the market research in hand that will lead to potential customers, initiating contact and making sales presentations to pursue new sales revenues
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers and tracking customer contact and sales activity with an approved customer relations management tool
- Developing, designing, maintaining and staying current with all sales communications tools including social media, website, broadcast and print media, brochures, signage etc.
- Developing sales targets in conjunction with Revolution Place General Manager and Events and Marketing team
- Reporting weekly on sales targets and revenues sought and generated
- Attending community events (i.e. tradeshows, mixers) for potential customer leads
- Developing and maintaining new and existing relationships with building sponsors and partners
The successful candidate will have a related degree in public relations, marketing or journalism. It will be considered an asset if candidates have a minimum two years’ experience in sales and marketing and event planning preferably in an event, sport or entertainment venue. Equivalent combinations of education, training and experience will be considered.
We need someone who is assertive, can make cold calls and has the proven ability to generate, implement and promote creative sales, ideas and projects; a background in developing high profile community events, experience in website development and social media (facebook, twitter, Instagram etc.) along with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision; an organized individual who can provide a superior level of guest and client service through tactful, clear and effective communication in person, in writing and on the telephone along with the ability to exercise mature judgment to deal effectively with guests, clients and staff. You must demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail and the willingness to work collaboratively with fellow team members in very close quarters. A sense of humour is not only ESSENTIAL it is CRITICAL along with flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
Prior experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop is preferred.
Job Base Location : Revolution Place
Hours of Work: 35 per week
Who to Contact for more information:
Revolution Place General Manager
Email: [email protected]
Thank you to all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications are being accepted until June 05, 2015
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-22