OverviewCity of Grande Prairie Revolution Place Operations Worker 1 (Full-Time Temporary) Contract in Grande Prairie, AB
City of Grande Prairie
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Revolution Place Operations Worker 1 (Full-Time Temporary)
Grande Prairie, AB
Submit your cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" tab on this web page. Revolution Place is looking for energetic, outgoing and hardworking people to…
Revolution Place is looking for energetic, outgoing and hardworking people to join our team. An Operations worker provides ongoing guest and client services to all users of a multi-purpose facility including duties required for delivery of multiple events. Performs general maintenance, cleaning and repair duties. Operates and maintains multiple pieces of equipment as well as the installation and maintenance of an ice surface.
- Provides ongoing guest and client service to all users of a multi-purpose facility, including duties required for delivery of multiple events.
- Performs general maintenance, cleaning and repair duties.
- Monitors operation of the physical plant including HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Operates and maintains equipment required for performance of duties including forklift, ice re-surfacing, snow clearing and related equipment.
- Installs, removes, and maintains ice surfaces.
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License (Class 5 minimum)
- Must have current experience in a multi-purpose facility with an ice surface;
- Ability to perform repeated heavy physical demands including but not limited to long periods of standing and climbing stairs may be required
- May be asked to provide medical information pertaining to job responsibilities
What we offer
At the City of Grande Prairie, we recognize and value that people have lives outside of work. We offer flexibility with scheduling, have higher than minimum vacation entitlements and comprehensive benefits that not only cover you when you’re sick but encourage you to be well. We have wellness events, social activities, community fundraising activities and a supportive work environment where you can grow your career. The City of Grande Prairie is proud to be an Employer of Choice!
Job base location
Hours of work
The successful candidate with be required to work shift work, weekends and evenings. It is a 30- 40 hour work week. From fall to spring workers shifts are 4 ten hour shifts a week and 5 eight hour shifts in the summer.
Salary / Wage
Hourly rate is $31.71 as per the CUPE Collective Agreement.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within 1 month of the closing date of this job posting.
1. Submit your cover letter and resume using the “Apply Now” tab on this web page.
Note: Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has
been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this
2. Applications will be reviewed, short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
This posting may be used to fill future vacancies in this position.
Who to contact for more information?
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive per job posting, we are not able to answer job specific questions before the interview stage. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.
Applications are being accepted until May 12, 2017
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-05-04