OverviewCity of Grande Prairie Home Support Worker II – Permanent part-time (20 hrs) Part Time in Grande Prairie, AB
City of Grande Prairie
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Home Support Worker II – Permanent part-time (20 hrs)
Grande Prairie, AB
Your duties may include basic light housekeeping, laundry, client transportation to appointments and shopping, respite care, interactive child care, menu and…
The Home Support Worker II provides support to assigned clients with physical, mental or emotional inabilities by supporting and promoting independent living. Your duties may include basic light housekeeping, laundry, client transportation to appointments and shopping, respite care, interactive child care, menu and meal preparation. In addition to the in home service you will assist clients to cope with physical, mental and emotional inabilities and/or short term trauma.
As a Home Support Worker II you will provide in home services for individuals experiencing disruptions to their normal family routine making it difficult to manage their home. Situations would include but not be limited to, aging, debilitating illness, stroke and frailty, disabled or unable to maintain normal household routine. Providing in home services your work may include basic light housekeeping, menu and meal preparation, respite care, companioning, child care and transportation to shopping and appointments. In addition to in home service you will assist clients to cope with physical, mental and emotional inabilities and/or short term trauma.
You will provide coaching and client behaviour management by developing a case plan through assessment in consultation with Seniors Supports Supervisor and agency involved, ensuring the plan is carried out in an effective and efficient manner. You will effectively motivate individuals and/or families to improve their lifestyle/environment.
You will also take a lead role in:
– Maintaining the Home Support Health & Safety Program according to City of Grande Prairie Polices and Occupational Health & Safety.
– Supporting, coaching and mentoring Home Support staff
– Orientation of new hires
– Client assessments and reassessments
– Strong interpersonal and analytical skills, mature judgment and the ability to coach and/or mentor
– Non-judgmental; using tact and diplomacy to support clients
– Ability to establish and maintain personal/professional boundaries while providing support services
– Maturity and experience in successfully working with seniors, individuals with physical and/or mental disabilities
– Strong ability to relate to individuals who may not share basic commonality, including value systems or behaviour norms
– Creative and knowledgeable about community resources
– Experience in household management to assist with housekeeping. menu planning, meal preparation and other routines
related to maintaining a home
– Physical strength is required for moderate lifting of heavier housekeeping such as vacuuming
– High School Diploma plus a Two Year College Diploma or Certificate in Personal Care Aide, Rehabilitation or LPN supplemented by related courses, including Behaviour Management, Suicide Intervention plus two years of related experience or an equivalent of education and experience
– Proficient Microsoft Office Computer Skills
– Applied Suicide Interventions Skills Training (ASIST)
– Standard First Aid (AED)
– Valid Alberta Driver’s License with reliable vehicle
– RCMP Vulnerable Records Check Clearance
– Alberta Child Services Intervention Check Clearance
The successful candidate may be asked to provide medical information pertaining to job responsibilities
What we offer
We offer a great work environment with a dynamic team. City of Grande Prairie is a committed employer to ongoing learning and development opportunities and encourage participation in corporate events.
Job base location
Community Social Development, 10030 – 102 Avenue, Grande Prairie, AB
Hours of work
20 hours per week
Salary / Wage
$26.57 as per CUPE Collective Agreement
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected please bring three references to your interview
Who to contact for more information?
Brenda Adams. Home Support Supervisor, Phone: 780-538-0374
Applications are being accepted until August 14, 2015
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01