OverviewCity of Grande Prairie Fleet Operations Supervisor Full Time in Grande Prairie, AB
City of Grande Prairie
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Fleet Operations Supervisor
Grande Prairie, AB
Journeyman Automotive Mechanic or Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate. Assist the Fleet Systems Manager with equipping new units and disposal of old units….
The incumbent is responsible for the management and leadership of a diverse group of union employees who perform equipment servicing and maintenance. The incumbent must ensure the work is carried out safely, effectively and efficiently. Responsibilities include performance management, mentoring and coaching, recruitment, orientation, training and development, recognition and reward, health and safety and discipline. The incumbent will ensure annual performance reviews are conducted on every employee and handle discipline issues in a timely manner following the requirements of the current CUPE Collective Agreement.
In addition, the incumbent will:
Provide supervision, support and backup for other supervisors in the Fleet Services area.
- Consult with other departments and managers in assessing operational needs.
- Meet with internal/external customers to assess customer satisfaction and areas of improvement. Investigate and respond to customer service requests and concerns.
- Develop and implement an annual work schedule for seasonal overhauls prior to seasonal assignment, equipment inspections, assigning preventative maintenance programs for all equipment that the Fleet Department is responsible for maintaining.
- Prioritize maintenance requirements, create and prioritize work orders and schedule the work.
- Assist the Fleet Systems Manager with equipping new units and disposal of old units.
- Assist the Fleet Systems Manager with statistical analysis and budget preparation.
Health & Safety in the Fleet Services area is paramount. The incumbent will ensure the department meets the requirements of the City safety policies, Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Alberta Workers Compensation Board legislation.
Journeyman Automotive Mechanic or Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate
- A minimum of 10 years experience working as a journeyman
- Valid Alberta Drivers Licence
- A minimum 5 years experience in a fleet supervisory environment.
- Experience working in, developing and implementing systems for efficient work scheduling.
- Familiarity with MS Office programs and above-average
What We Offer
The City of Grande Prairie offers a clean, safe, stable, friendly working environment and a great benefit package. We also, offer a very supportive training environment.
Job base location
City Service Centre 9505 – 112 Street, Grande Prairie, AB
Hours of Work
This position is based on an eight (8) hour work day Mon – Fri
Applicants must apply on line at www.cityofgp.com – no other form of application will be accepted.
Who To Contact for More Information
Dwayne Thompson, Fleet Systems Manager 780-538-0389
Applications are being accepted until August 24, 2015
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16