OverviewCity of Grande Prairie Child and Youth Programmer Full Time in Grande Prairie, AB
City of Grande Prairie
Branch Grande Prairie AB CA
Child and Youth Programmer
Grande Prairie, AB
Submit your cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" tab on this web page. The Child and Youth Programmer will work independently….
The Child and Youth Programmer will work independently. The individual will be responsible to develop, and plan the Child and Youth programs. The individual will supervise, guide and direct when working together to plan and or execute the programs. Must be able to work well in a team environment.
The individual will be part of an energetic team devoted to the social, physical, emotional intellectual, and creative development of children.
Involved in implementing and maintaining a fun, safe, interactive play environment for participants.
- T he individual will research and plan programs to meet the new and cutting edge trends in early Childhood Development. If needed could be asked to deliver and execute the programs
- To present yourself in a mature, positive and professional manner through tactful communication (both verbal and written) with co-workers, participants and families
- Working closely and mentor new staff, using training templates to ensure consistency.
- The individual is energetic and is able to maintain a fun, safe, interactive play environment for staff and participants
- Flexibility and available to work for special events
- Prioritize work to handle multiple tasks and be able to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and making on the spot decisions as things come up
- Responsibility to the employees’ Health & Safety program and other Eastlink Centre or City of Grande Prairie initiatives
- Individual is comfortable dealing with parents/guardians concerns
- Assist supervisor – Fiscally responsible for budget
- Operating a variety of office equipment – fax, photocopier, and computer related duties. Must know excel and Microsoft word or equivalent
- The individual must have exceptional organizational and communication skills in both written and verbal
- Lead and communicate the day -to -day activities of the team under the direction of the Program Supervisor
- Maintain inventory levels and order levels as supplies are needed to run our programs effectively
- Assist, delegate or backup responsibilities in emergency response
- Orientation, training and ongoing upkeep and awareness of policy and procedure related to City and ELC H & S
- The Child and Youth Programmer must be able to perform first aid as required while ensuring an effective, efficient and safe operation of the department is maintained.
- * The individual may be required to work outside of traditional business hours to ensure the fulfillment of operational requirements.
- Data collection of program usage (acquiring useful information, such as demographic, popular programs, and identifying needs through inquiries. Data to be shared bi-monthly to Supervisor for reporting purposes.
- Assist with the Business Planning, providing information sharing and problem solving, and any other tasks as needed.
- Assist with staff meetings
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Current First Aid. CPR’C’ – current within 1 year
- High Five
- Early Childhood certificate or equivalent years of experience
- Must have a clear understanding of “child-centered programing”.
- Must have a least one year of previous experience leading programs
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with supervisors, co-workers, children and parents
- Experience in leadership, team building and program planning is considered an asset
- Able to guide, direct, train and coordinate staff job responsibilities
- Strong leadership and programming skills; ability to effectively coach and mentor staff is essential
- Exceptional customer service focus with the ability to deliver positive customer experiences
What we offer
At the City of Grande Prairie, we recognize and value that people have lives outside of work. We offer flexibility with scheduling, have higher than minimum vacation entitlements and comprehensive benefits that not only cover you when you’re sick but encourage you to be well. We have wellness events, social activities, community fundraising activities and a supportive work environment where you can grow your career. The City of Grande Prairie is proud to be an Employer of Choice!
Job base location
Hours of work
35 hours per week, flexible to the business needs
Salary / Wage
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within 1 month of the closing date of this job posting.
1. Submit your cover letter and resume using the “Apply Now” tab on this web page.
Note: Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.
2. Applications will be reviewed, short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
This posting may be used to fill future vacancies in this position.
Who to contact for more information?
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive per job posting, we are not able to answer job specific questions before the interview stage. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.
Applications are being accepted until February 20, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Grande Prairie, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10