OverviewCity of Fort St. John Client Services Supervisor – Regular – Full Time Full Time in Fort St. John, BC
City of Fort St. John
Branch Fort St. John BC CA
Client Services Supervisor – Regular – Full Time
Fort St. John, BC
Provides a wide variety of information ranging from general direction to specific instruction to the general public, insurance adjusters, legal professionals,…
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direction of the RCMP Support Manager, this position works with, supervises and supports staff in performing the daily operations of the front counter, switchboard, and reception functions as well as the Watch Clerks in their functions, ensuring a high level of customer service is sustained. The Client Services Supervisor will ensure that advanced knowledge of RCMP records systems, the Access to Information and Privacy Act and related RCMP policies and procedures is maintained and followed.
Works under the direct supervision of the RCMP Support Manager
Supervises and provides direction to Front Counter clerical staff and Watch Clerks
Supervises and directs Front Counter clerical staff and Watch Clerks: plans, schedules, assigns, and monitors work and performance.
Assists with the recruitment, orientation, evaluation, development and training of staff.
Provides administrative and operational support to the detachment and ensures that duties are performed in accordance with RCMP policy.
Coordinates and reviews Police Information Checks for accuracy, completeness and adherence to RCMP policy and procedures, and in consultation with the OPS/Support NCO gives final approval for release of sensitive information.
Maintains an advanced knowledge of RCMP and Federal policy and procedures for the release of information.
Coordinates electronic civil fingerprinting including training, maintenance and liaises with RCMP to provide efficient service delivery.
Monitors compliance of persons reporting to the RCMP under judicial direction.
Provides a wide variety of information ranging from general direction to specific instruction to the general public, insurance adjusters, legal professionals, other police departments, federal, provincial, and municipal governments and agencies.
Supervises outgoing mail and courier shipments and receives incoming mail for distribution.
Reviews for accuracy or performs various CPIC entries, removal and modifications.
Ensures the health and safety of all workers supervised by instructing workers in safe work practices, ensuring workers are properly orientated and trained, checking they are working safely, enforcing health and safety requirements and correcting unsafe acts and conditions.
Prepares reports and correspondence for managerial review and in accordance with departmental expectations.
Communicates with officers via police radio equipment.
May perform back up and assistance by preforming Watch Clerk, Front Counter and Receptionist duties
May serve on various employee or other committees as assigned.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Ability and Skills
- Customer Service
- Quantity of Work
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Health & Safety
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
This is a position in the B.C. Government Service and Employee’s Union.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILL
- Self-starter, with ability to present a professional appearance, detail orientated, proven leadership skills that would include organization and problem solving skills, above average written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills- team leader and team player.
- Thorough knowledge of RCMP records systems, occurrence reporting, evidence collections, standard police policies and RCMP procedures.
- Ability to deal courteously, firmly and tactfully with the public on the telephone and in person concerning a wide variety of complaints, problems and situations.
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulation, policies and procedures applicable to the release of information to the public and agencies.
- Thorough knowledge of Criminal Code, Federal and Provincial Statutes and Municipal Bylaws.
- Thorough knowledge of RCMP computer systems such as PRIME, CAD, GroupWise, CPIC, PIRS, JUSTIN, Livescan, as well as Word and Excel.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision, exercise independent action and judgement in accordance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Proven ability in prioritizing and coordinating a demanding workload.
- Ability to maintain accuracy while working with continuous interruptions and adapting to changing priorities.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and capable of dealing with sensitive and or disturbing information.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Diploma or GED equivalent
- Certificate in Office Administration, Business Management/Administration or a related field (1 year program) and/or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Management Skills for Supervisors Certificate (or equivalent)
- Ability to pass and maintain a RCMP enhanced security clearance
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in RCMP environment (with previous Front Counter, Watch Clerk or supervisory experience preferred)
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers Licence
- Ability to work shift work or flexible work hours
- Accurate keyboarding skills with a minimum of 50 words per minutes.
Background Check Required:
Enhanced Security Clearance
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Saint John, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-23