Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2017-02-08
Posted by:Kelly McNamara
City of Calgary Student Planner – Citywide Planning & Design Temporary in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
Student Planner – Citywide Planning & Design
City Wide Urban Design Guidelines Project). Help the team on a variety of current Urban Design (for example:….
As a summer student, you will be given meaningful, productive and challenging assignments while being introduced to a career in municipal government. The Community Planning business unit is offering an ex citing opportunity for a summer student to fill the role of Student Planner – Citywide Planning & Design. Primary duties include:
- Research and analysis work to support the Urban Design & Heritage team’s role in the City Wide Corridors project.
- Mapping and analysis work on transition areas/laneways between retail corridors and adjacent residential.
- Developing conceptual designs and location specific criteria for laneway built forms, including housing.
- Help the team on a variety of current Urban Design (for example: City Wide Urban Design Guidelines Project).
- Provide assistance to the team to meet deadlines and complete priority projects.
- Enrolled in a degree or postgraduate degree program in Planning, Architecture, Urban Studies, or a related degree program.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Experience with SketchUp and/or other rendering software will be an asset.
- You will have strong communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must have attended school full time in 2016-2017 to apply on this competition and intend to return to school on a full time basis in the next academic year.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications