Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2016-11-02
City of Calgary Recreation Program Coordinator – Calgary After School Temporary in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
Recreation Program Coordinator – Calgary After School
Represent work unit and/or business unit on internal and/or external committees. A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or provincial equivalent) and the use of a…
As a Recreation Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for the leadership, execution and direction of work on a program portfolio supporting the overall delivery of products and services of Calgary Recreation. Primary duties include:
- Provide program management through research, development, implementation, evaluation and administration including implementation of a physical activity strategy for children and youth.
- Build and foster relationships, alliances, partnerships or collaborations to enhance the delivery of programs and/or services.
- Represent work unit and/or business unit on internal and/or external committees
- Recruit, interview, provide on-boarding support, supervise and evaluate union/non-union staff, volunteers and work placement/practicum students.
- Respond to inquiries from the public, internal and external partners, and Council regarding program information and complaints.
- Participate in long term and annual planning for Recreation including development, implementation and evaluation of goals and objectives and the completion of grant and funding applications.
- Manage budget for Calgary After School and provide direction and appropriate spending.
- A completed 2 year certificate or diploma in Recreation, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Early Childhood Education, Education or a closely related field, combined with at least 5 years of related portfolio experience, including staff supervision; OR
- A degree in any of the above listed (or a closely related) field, with at least 3 years of related portfolio experience, including staff supervision.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or provincial equivalent) and the use of a personal vehicle for business purposes is required.
- Knowledge and experience in Calgary After School, physical literacy and/or active play for children and youth will also be considered an asset.
- Strong critical thinking skills and demonstrated leadership and facilitation skills along with well-developed communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of audiences.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications