Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2016-12-06
City of Calgary Quality Assurance Coder Temporary in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
Quality Assurance Coder
Provide expertise in identifying the number of occurrence reports needed in relation to incident based reporting and report non-compliant data elements/reports…
The Quality Assurance Coder provides auditing and classification of police reporting data within the Sentry system ensuring compliance with Calgary Police Service (CPS) policies and federal Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) requirements. This position performs regular audits on all Sentry entries and assigns violation classifications and coding of Modus Operandi (M.O.).The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan and perform audits of Sentry reports, processed by CPS employees. Complete Sentry tasks to gather and collect required information. Provide direction, information, advice, and instruction relative to established policies/procedures, data entry, and statistical requirements to Calgary Police Service members and external customers.
- Advise CPS personnel and members of outside agencies of requirements to ensure the report is in compliance with CPS policy and UCR federal reporting requirements.
- Provide expertise in identifying the number of occurrence reports needed in relation to incident based reporting and report non-compliant data elements/reports to Quality Assurance Auditor for further direction.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (i.e. G.E.D.) plus a minimum of 1 year relevant experience that includes at least 6 months experience related to crime reporting and/or classification in a policing environment. Other relevant experience would include information coding, classification and/or auditing.
- Applicants must be computer literate and be familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) as well as have recent (within the last 12 months) experience using law enforcement information systems.
- Previous auditing experience would be considered an asset.
- You achieve results that make the best use of time and resources. You are a good communicator who is able to build relationships that help with team building and teamwork. You have excellent customer service skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- An enhanced security clearance will be conducted. Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications