Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2016-05-20
City of Calgary Management Systems Analyst – AMENDMENT Temporary in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
Management Systems Analyst – AMENDMENT
As a Management Systems Analyst you will be responsible for problem analysis, system design, and the coordination, scheduling and management of the effort put…
As a Management Systems Analyst you will be responsible for problem analysis, system design, and the coordination, scheduling and management of the effort put forth by the development team in transforming design specifications into a production system. Primary duties include:
- Architectural guidance and maintenance of architectural models throughout project lifecycle.
- Information Technology (IT) project planning, monitoring and reporting, determine system requirements and application analysis and design.
- Manage IT resources, including City and contract analysts and developers, and coordination with IT service providers including Business Process Redesign (BPR), Architecture, Enterprise Application Integration, Data Warehouse, Database, Server Administration, Application Support, Enterprise Support Systems and Network.
- Support the evaluation of client intake requests to ensure appropriate investment that supports the long term needs of the business and the corporate Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Coordinate and monitor vendor contracts.
- A completed 2 year technical diploma with at least 8 years progressive technical and/or analytical experience in an IT field; OR A degree in Information Technology or a related field with at least 4 years experience as noted above.
- Experience in the implementation of solutions including scoping and supporting the design of technical solutions and extensive knowledge and understanding of the role of a Solution Architect is required.
- Previous experience with Windows XP environment and in project manager or business analyst roles, as well as Web Services, SharePoint, ESRI technologies, Data Warehouse experience (Kimball Methodologies), Lombardi, and knowledge of City of Calgary IT standards, processes, and procedures will be considered assets.
- Excellent communication skills, adaptability, the ability to develop trusted relationships, demonstrating innovation, initiative, a customer service focus, positive ambassadorship and the ability to meet commitments are essential.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications