OverviewCity of Calgary Maintenance Supervisor – Wastewater Treatment Full Time in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
Maintenance Supervisor – Wastewater Treatment
Evaluating processes and methods and making recommendations to improve operations. A valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License with no more than 6 demerits is a…
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
This key position is responsible for overseeing planned, regular and emergency maintenance to all electrical, instrumentation and mechanical processes related to wastewater treatment. Your efforts will be critical in the maintenance of highly effective and efficient operations at wastewater treatment plants at Bonnybrook, Fish Creek, Pine Creek and the Shepard Lagoons, Valleyfield receiving station and Canada Creosote site. Responsibilities include:
- Prioritizing maintenance activities for short and long term to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Investigating incidents, performing site inspections, documenting and follow up.
- Evaluating processes and methods and making recommendations to improve operations.
- Annual planning to identify section’s long term needs and ensure that identified changes are incorporated into the area’s future planning.
- Staffing maintenance including hiring, performance management, employee development, engagement and succession planning.
- Leading maintenance projects and initiatives as well as participating in projects and initiatives across the section and division.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including other city departments and outside business associates to represent the interests of the wastewater utility.
- A Journeyman Certificate (Electrical, Plumber or HVAC) recognized by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training and 8 or more years relevant maintenance experience.
- A valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License with no more than 6 demerits is a requirement for this position.
- A Blue Seal or management certificate would be considered an asset.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Ability to obtain a City of Calgary operator’s permit.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Business Unit: Water Services
Position Type: Permanent
Location: Various Locations
Compensation: Level E $77,891-117,609 per annum
Days of Work: This position works Monday to Thursday and Monday to Friday.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: January 26, 2018
Job ID #: 300373
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10