Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2016-05-19
City of Calgary Junior Business Analyst Temporary in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
Junior Business Analyst
As a Junior Business Analyst, you will be introduced to business leaders who will support your development during the term….
This position will provide you with the opportunity to develop an understanding of The City’s financial systems and processes. As a Junior Business Analyst, you will be introduced to business leaders who will support your development during the term. Primary duties include:
- Research and analyze business processes, policies and procedures.
- Input data into systems and perform analysis.
- Prepare presentations, manuals, policies and other documentation.
- Help with reconciliation, journal entries, coding of invoices, financial statement preparation and budgets.
- A High School diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) and completed a minimum of 3 courses towards a Certified Management Accountant (CMA)/ Certified General Accountant (CGA) designation.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Preference will be given to applicants with 4 months of experience in Business, Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Core competencies for this position include:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to strong personal values and high ethical standards.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent customer focus and the desire to learn.
- Strong drive for relationship building.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications