Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2016-12-06
City of Calgary HR Business Partner – Business Advisory Services Temporary in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
HR Business Partner – Business Advisory Services
As the HR Business Partner you are the liaison for the business and HR teams. Previous experience working with business leaders showcasing your interpersonal…
As the HR Business Partner you are the liaison for the business and HR teams. You will work with clients to develop short and long-term HR strategies that support service delivery to citizens. You will leverage your position as an integrated resource to understand your client’s goals and objectives and apply a strategic problem solving and consulting mindset. Primary duties include:
- Identify HR trends and developments and provide an evidence-based approach to influence people strategies and recommend organizational enhancements aligned with business plans and goals.
- Collaborate with HR Centres of Expertise and provide business context required for corporate programs while achieving HR governance outcomes.
- Advance corporate HR priorities through strategic planning and emerging opportunities.
- Act as a change agent, enabling effective change leadership within your client group.
- Coach leaders to inspire performance and acknowledge behaviours aligned with a positive corporate culture and increased people management accountability.
- Maximize individual skill deployment with a focus on ensuring cost effective and efficient service.
- Champion the advancement of employee well-being, diversity and inclusion.
- Advise leaders on employee and labour relations matters including the interpretation, application and impacts of corporate policies, collective agreements, and applicable legislation.
- An undergraduate degree plus 5 or more years of HR generalist experience in a large, complex organization. Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
- A Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates with labour relations experience in a multi-union environment and/or to candidates with strong experience in organizational development.
- Previous experience working with business leaders showcasing your interpersonal and influencing skills. You demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and resiliency in ambiguous, unstructured and complex scenarios. Your approach is consultative, strategic and collaborative. You contribute equally as a team member and as an individual.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications